Showers and washing facilities

Wildfuzz

Now the good lady and I are planning to "Go South" in August, however our little vessel only has a cold deck shower - Brrrrr!!

Is there an up to date list of showers or similar both Northern and Southern so we could plan a route with the ability to remain ***** and span without resorting to "camping tactics" :shocked

THE SOUTH

The best on the broads in my opinion are Waveney River centre - just fabulous - heated floors and blue lighting!!! Other options are Norwich yacht station. Broom at Brundall have some but you would need to speak to them as it's normally in their mooring fee. Oulton Broad yacht station and Beccles yacht station. There are also some at Goodchilds at Burgh Castle but maybe just for those who moor - give them a ring if you want to know more.

There is also the swimming option either at Waveney River centre or Beccles lido - latter a must in August - will be off there myself!

THE NORTH

Great Yarmouth yacht station is your first option. After that it's all about the boatyards - Herbert Woods at Potter Heigham, Richardsons at Stalham, Barnes Brinkcraft at Wroxham and Horning Ferry Marnina at Horning where you can also have a swim.

There maybe others but these are the main ones. Have a good holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One more I have just remembered in the south - fairly sure there are also showers at Reedham Ferry as there is a campsite next door but you would need to check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes there are showers at Reedham Ferry available for boaters 24/7 365 warm clean and very welcome they are .

Hi Stuart,

There are showers that I know about on the following locations:-

Southern Rivers

Norwich

At the Yacht Station

Reedham

At the Ferry Inn (the showers in the pubs toilets are even available out of hours a side door is left open for boat crews mooring overnight)

Waverney Centre

Showers and a swimming pool

Beccles

At the Yacht Station

Oulton Board

At the Yacht Station

Lowestoft

Haven Marina

Royal Norfolk & Suffolk Yacht Club

Northern Rivers

Great Yarmouth

Yacht Station

Horning

Ferry Marine (also swimming pool)

Horsey Staithe

Hickling

Wispering Reed

Stalham

Richardson's

Potter Heigham

Herbert Woods

Wroxham

Barnes Brinkcraft

Thurne

Lion Inn

Regards

Alan

So, plenty of opportunities for Wildfuzz to clean up.

Just one thing though... in the "Sweeney" back in the 70's the Police were called the filth, so what was the source of that nickname lol ?

I must admit, it's worth having a list of suitable showers on the Broads, even though we have a shower on board, you never know if something goes wrong, heater, pump, battery etc.

Hi Stuart,

SWMBO has informed me, that she is STILL recovering from the experience of the Oulton Broad shower fascilities. They are badly in need of modernisation.

cheers Iain.

The guys themselves have done a pretty good job on all the showers/loos there!

I agree with Poggymale that the wet room is excellent for a familiar shower!   :shocked :shocked :shocked

(or did I mean "family"................................)