Biggest waste of money - Top 10? (Norfolk or Suffolk only)

LizG

Now I've thought long and hard about my recommendations for the Top Ten Biggest Waste of Money in Norfolk and Suffolk and here are my recommendations in reverse order

Coming in at number two is something that maintains a total waste of not only money but also space and even oxygen... representing the chinless and the gormless of Great Yarmouth, and boy does he grate...it's the Half Wit Housing Minister Brandon Lewis' salary. Yes, when faced with a shortage of public community housing our half wit housing minister spearheads a plan by the gormless and chinless to tear down housing estates and send in the tax evading private property developers. At least there will be plenty of bricks handy when the rioting starts!

And at number one...its got to be John Packman's salary. Who can forget such hits as 'The Spirit of Breydon' and 'We are Family of National Parks, but we're not a National Park really' and the timeless 'All in Pursuit of a Knighthood it gives me the Pip Gladys' or the exotic latin rhythms of 'Hey Quango Quango'?  And not forgetting his best selling novel 'For Whom the Boat Tolls' 

• Like 2

On 04/01/2016 at 1:19 PM, Jonzo said:

Bat bridges are just ridiculous. £35k each I believe? Why does no-one involved ever say "sorry, no that's ridiculous and we're not wasting money on it".

'Bat bridges' had been tried elsewhere well before the A11 works planning had been finished, and their effectiveness had been extensively researched. The results found them not to work!

Environment agency again - the biggest waste of all!  The problem with it is its overpopulation by environmentalists..... two guns