Game Shooting - Documentory

19 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

She is now spark out, not one toy on the lounge rug and refused an evening walk!

Great to hear. Finlay and I start again at the beginning of November and I’m sure his first post-shoot evening will be the same. 
Interesting you saying about toys on the lounge floor. Ours looks worse than when the kids were little. Always something in his mouth, brings to me, fetches the next one from the box in the kitchen. Then I fall asleep and when I wake up, there they are, all piled up round my feet! He’s learnt to carry them back and drop them in the box for me on instruction. He also retrieves his empty bowl and brings it to me by the sink. Tidy lad!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads up.

It seems every time I visit my supplier, the price of my chosen cartridge has increased.  Pre Covid I was paying about £190 per thousand, last visit in December they had reached £260

I'm due another visit soon, dread to think how much they have gone up again

Clay target prices are on the up too but not monthly like cartridges seem to be suffering

Griff

• 4 weeks later...

Phew, feel like I got away with one there.

Visited my cartridge supplier Thursday. 

24g fibre - £65:00 per two hundred and fifty, I wanted a thousand of em but he only had five hundred left so sold me another five hundred of 28g fibre for the same price = £260 a thousand so no increase since December.  That was a relief

Then I was given a free box (25) of Kent Velocity 28g fibre to try out, about £7 worth

I shall do so today as there are about fourteen of our group attending a one hundred bird clay shoot, that'll use up about one hundred and twenty five of em

Today we are also field trialling our new trolley that we use for team shoots

Griff

BA NBN 1239.jpg

BA NBN 1240.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saturday 13th and 'Griffs Growlers' were in action at the Whitfield Estate near Hexham.

The day consisted of seven drives.  Fifty two teams of four were in action.  We had two other teams with us, 'Bobs Boyz' and 'The Also Rans'  It is and always has been our 'Aim' to beat Bobs Boyz, they are our arch rivals with much mickey taking between us.  We mostly seem to loose to them by less that a dozen clays killed with tight scores

Saturday was gonna be different.

As team captain I needed to change tack to eke out a potential winning score so decided to put my trotter firmly down and properly took charge of my Growlers (Mysen included) with regards to tactics and discipline, then if it all went Pete Tong it would be on my shoulders alone.

At the end of the day Griffs Growlers came 14th overall (511) with Bobs Boys 24th (476) and the Also Rans in 36th (430)

We blew then outa the park by 35 clays - A memorable victory and the biggest winning margin ever achieved between the two teams.  They are mightily concerned they might never beat us again after this performance

Now to repeat the feat at the next team event

Griff

(I'm third from the left)

BA NBN 1282.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

IMG_3357.jpeg

Mind the paint work. In a past life we had a rather nice MG B (if they made such a thing and out with my sis she put her hand bag on the wing a cry from me not on there and LIFT) lucky the lift went in as no harm done.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Edited by MargeandParge
Add a bit

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday we visited the Grimsthorpe estate near to Bourne, specifically the shooting lodge / range.  This was an individual competition shoot but with one team flush competition.  Not only did Griffs Growlers triumph over our arch rivals Bobs Boyz, we only went and won the whole thing.  First time we have come first and received a trophy but more importantly the bragging rights are ours

Griff

Grimsthorpe 2023 #01.jpg

Grimsthorpe 2023 #02.jpg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Shooting’s opponents don’t want to you join the 78,000 of us who have already visited the Home Office website to complete the firearms licensing consultation. That’s all the more reason why it is fundamentally important you do.

With less than one week to go until the consultation closes, time is running out for you to join the thousands who have already made their voice count and fought back against those who seek to ban shooting.

We have provided guidance on how to answer the questions and a rationale, which you’ll find below...

Visit the BASC website even if you are not a member

Griff

• 2 weeks later...

Annual Quarry Shoot today.  We get to invite along wives / partners family, friends etc,  Hog roast, bar. stuff for the little uns, dogs, the lot.  Which means I'm having to take along 2 x12g, 1 x 20g and the :410 for grandsons - Its a cracking little gun, under/over ejector model.

There is an individual cup to shoot for (I won it last year) and a team event so Griffs Growlers will be doing our thing too

Promises to be a good day, its one of those we all look forward too, Purdey is already hovering at the side of t van

Griff

• Like 4

A great day had by all.  Griffs Growlers came second in the team shoot by ONE clay :default_mellow:

The individual shoot, out of a possible maximum of 40, it was won with a score of 38 (Same as I got last year) by a young lad of just ten years old with a 20g.  He's going to be a possible shooter for the England team in a few years or so

I got two of my grandsons going on the practise stand with a :410 then they had a few goes with my 12g with me assisting - loved it

Griff

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Gettin - Just been informed I have won 1000 12g cartridges from a choice of about eight different makes loads etc. :default_icon_clap:

I bought two tickets for the draw at £3:99 per ticket

Can't quite believe it! :default_beerchug:

Griff

• Like 4

• 1 month later...