Favourite Retirement Sound!

Poppy

The sound of people scraping the ice off their windscreens before they drive to work! Haven't heard it much this winter but can hear it this morning. Very Happy

Anyhow, I'm off  to Barton Broad now. Not sure what I'll be doing this morning, bit of sailing this afternoon. :wave
  • Like 6

The sounds of morning time heralding that I have a fair expectation of surviving for another day

....... unless of course i'm a ghost re-enacting a bizarre sort of ground hog day which sometimes seems plausable when reading certain topics posted here & there!

Keep :wave:wave

• Like 3

Ok I do work sometimes! :) I was on the train to Croydon at 5.45 am the other day, and not back until 5.45 pm; but usually my guilty pleasure is hearing the school run going on outside and knowing I can stay in bed. As a former teacher, that has to be a favourite sound! :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Polly said:

Ok I do work sometimes! :) I was on the train to Croydon at 5.45 am the other day, and not back until 5.45 pm; but usually my guilty pleasure is hearing the school run going on outside and knowing I can stay in bed. As a former teacher, that has to be a favourite sound! :) 

When Ruth was still teaching, coming to the Broads first week in July,  made her smile seeing all the kids still at school! :naughty: 5.45pm till you were back Polly? Was East Croydon station THAT busy? :naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Polly said:

Last time I used East Croydon, I found that taxis were as rare as hens teeth. :)

When I started using Redhill, and the Innkeepers (now Travelodge) there, taxi's became a thing of the past, thank goodness. Agree about East Croydon, was very lucky, had a choice of two! 

cheersIain

One sound I love to hate, is the sound of large diesel engines first thing in the morning ( 5.45am) I was a driver you see, until I retired a few years ago. Now I can just lay there and smile, especially on a bitter morning with the wind blowing. Do I feel guilty, not on your nellie lol.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Gracie said:

Sorry, I know I'm not retired yet, but I very much like the sound of Boat engines at 7am :naughty: :naughty:

Grace

p.s Enjoy your cruise on Barton, Pops, photos would be good :kiss

Heading out to Barton yesterday on the NOT's 'Pandora' yacht. . We were being towed out by 'White Admiral' as the yacht has no outboard at present. It's such a hard life, this retirement . :dance

WP_20160217_001[1].jpg

• Like 5

I managed to sleep right through the sound of ice scraping this morning. Not fully retired until the end of March, but on the "glide path" and now only working 3 days a week.

Took dog for a long walk in the sunshine this morning and busied myself with a bit of light gardening this afternoon.

cheers

Steve

• Like 2