Longtime Lurker !

Hi, I  have been lurking for years and finally decided it's time to say hello!

I first visited the Broads as 3 year old,60 years ago on a boat called" Gypsy Maid" and have been coming down ever since.

In my early twenties I hired Javelin ,from Martham Boats beginning my love of rags and sticks! Two years ago.we finally bought a 22' gaff rigged river cruiser built in 1948 at Porter and Haylet in Wroxham. Dragonsong will be back on the water next week having spent the winter in the DIY shed at Martham.

Give us a wave if you see us .

John

image.jpg

• Like 6

Morning all,

Well spotted Stumpy, the original plan was to name her after our daughter,Menolly,but she was not keen! We played around with various names on the theme. The character Menolly appeared in Dragonsinger but that seemed a it of a mouthful but that gave use the idea for the name we settled on .

John

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dragonsong said:

Thanks for the welcome!

I am planning to come down next weekend in order to get sorted for the season. Hopefully I'll manage a quick trip up to the Pleasure Boat for a pint or two.

cheers John

Another rag and stick for me to avoid on Hickling:hardhat:

Welcome to the Forum John, they are a funny lot but very entertaining, with lots of banter as well as support and guidance.

• Like 2

Thanks Broadsword,

OBY ?

Currently sat in the Acle travelodge ,came down this morning to reattach various fittings,etc . Finishing fitting and cleaning tomorrow ready for launching. If all goes to plan we will be back at the weekend for a 4 day shake down.

John

• Like 1