Yet Another Talented Musician Dies

deebee29

Had to listen to 2hrs of his songs on the radio on way home!

have to say never was a lover of his work, but way too young to go. 

I am just glad I am not famous as 2016 has to be the worst year so far for famous deaths. 

Sympathies to everyone, famous or not, who has bad news this year.  

• Like 2

No disrespect intended but I had to do a spot of googling to see who 'Prince' was! 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-died-singer-dead-dies-57-paisley-park-minnesota-medical-emergency-after-flu-discharge-a6995076.html

My daughter tells me that he wrote 'Purple Rain', now I do know that song, Apparently he was something of a music writer. Also that he was a Jehovah's Witness & never went to the doctors, perhaps he should have done. 

• Like 1

Sorry folks (get the sick bucket) my other half sang 'The most beautiful girl in the world' on karaoke at a dinner and dance that was held by his karate club, he sang it in front of other instructors and students (trust me when I say he is no tenor) and I remember thinking he must be 'the one' to get up and sing in front of all these people with a voice like that lol, needless to say the song will always be special to me

Prince was an absolute weirdo but brilliant and talented all the same, a terrible loss

Grace

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Sorry folks (get the sick bucket) my other half sang 'The most beautiful girl in the world' on karaoke at a dinner and dance that was held by his karate club, he sang it in front of other instructors and students

That must have made you want to sctatch her eyes out . sorry Grace couldn't resist.

This year certainly seems to be taking it;s toll on the celebrity pot. Makes be feel quite sad.

• Like 1

Well actually Smelly, it was ME he was singing to, it most definitely wasn't the buxom, legs up to her armpits blonde, clad in mini skirt and low cut top who happened to be sitting next to me that he was singing to, I can assure you :naughty:

Grace

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Well actually Smelly, it was ME he was singing to, it most definitely wasn't the buxom, legs up to her armpits blonde, clad in mini skirt and low cut top who happened to be sitting next to me that he was singing to, I can assure you :naughty:

Grace

We believe you Grace.....thousands wouldn't :naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1