Eating Out

Bob48

19 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Yes I think the pedigree of the Kings Head (and the Recruiting Sergeant too) are worth a thought. 

how far from the moorings is the Recruiting Sergeant ?

According to the measuring device on Google maps 1400 yards (following the road). I must admit I do like the food at the  Recruiting Sergeant, you'd come back a bit heavier than you left, even with the walk both ways!!

Bob,

It's just short of a mile by road from the King's Head to the Recruiting Sergeant.  Quite a lot less if you go right to the end of the navigable river (but watch out for weeds!).  The Recruiting Sergeant.is on the roundabout on the B1150 Coltishall road and Buxton road (and Mill road).

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Bob,

Watch out for those distances on the Norfolk Broads, those Norfolk Miles are a killer, every time we have walked anywhere it takes ages and almost all the road end up taking you to Brigadoon or back to "The Village":naughty:

Regards

Alan

Aye very true Alan, add to that the Norfolk ten minute tea break, that lasts an hour ! :naughty:

cheersIain

Just now, Hockham Admiral said:

Sorry, peeps. In my post above I meant to add that they have a Senior's lunchtime menu, two courses at £5.95.

The f&c let alone the pud, is really good value as it's  £11.95 on the normal menu. And no, they're  not  smaller portions!     :grin:

That John, is what I call a bargain! :clap

cheersIain