Photo`s Of Lightning

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,  as most of you will know, we own a share in the Lightning syndicate?. We have a website for Lightning, but most (probably all)  photo`s are of her when anchored or moored. Does anybody have any pictures of Lightning while underway, so we can put them on our site gallery?. I will point out, this is just the website for potential new owners to look at Lightning, and is not in any way used to for profit etc, so any photo`s you may send me, are for display only.

If anybody DOES have any, and would be prepared to let us use them, please pm them to me, and i`l forward them to our chairman ? website builder.

Many thanks ................................... Neil.

24 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi all,  as most of you will know, we own a share in the Lightning syndicate?. We have a website for Lightning, but most (probably all)  photo`s are of her when anchored or moored. Does anybody have any pictures of Lightning while underway, so we can put them on our site gallery?. I will point out, this is just the website for potential new owners to look at Lightning, and is not in any way used to for profit etc, so any photo`s you may send me, are for display only.

If anybody DOES have any, and would be prepared to let us use them, please pm them to me, and i`l forward them to our chairman ? website builder.

Many thanks ................................... Neil.

Hi Neil,

I would have thought that you would be better showing as many detailed pictures of the inside of Lightning so potential new owners can see the condition of the boat and its controls.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Yes, i agree, but we can do that at any time Alan. But what we can`t do is take pictures while underway of the outside, well not unless i get left on the bank anyway lol.

Our website has not been running for long, so it`s still a bit in developement. Hopefully we can get a large gallery of pics on the inside, and of her equipment.

All photo`s welcome people.................

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Here's  a couple from Sat 21st where she was showing  off her new engine and left us for dust on the Lower Bure.

If any use can send over to you ?

20160521_182822.jpg

20160521_182832.jpg

Hi Mark, please do. They look a bit far, but hopefully we can doctor them a bit. I saw these on Faceache too.

• Like 1

I think I might have got a video clip of Lightning coming towards us at Bramerton back in April.

I've not had a chance to look through all the footage yet but if it's any good should be able to lift a couple of decent quality stills for you.

The footage is 1080p taken with a GoPro 

I'll have a look at the weekend and see what I can find

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webntweb said:

Hi Neil,

We are on her next week. Heading north and looking to pass through Yarmouth at about 5.15 on Saturday.

After that nothing planned, just taking each day as it comes.

Roy

Hi Roy, are you coming to the AGM on the way back?.

Cant wait till we`re back aboard, can`t come quick enough.

Karen and i hope you and your crew have a great time. The weather down here looks to improve, at least for this weekend, so hopefully, you`ll get some decent weather.  Someone on the Radio or tv said some time back that it was going to be a hot summer, yeah right.

Hi Neil

Here are the captures from the video, they are not as sharp as I'd have liked them with having to zoom in digitally (go pro has a fixed focus)

I'll have a play around and see if I can improve the quality.

I can let you have the video clip as well if it's any good to you

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

On 3 June 2016 at 5:48 PM, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Roy, are you coming to the AGM on the way back?.

Cant wait till we`re back aboard, can`t come quick enough.

Karen and i hope you and your crew have a great time. The weather down here looks to improve, at least for this weekend, so hopefully, you`ll get some decent weather.  Someone on the Radio or tv said some time back that it was going to be a hot summer, yeah right.

Hi Neil,

I was on Lightning last week (4th to 11th). Will be at the meeting next week. Looking forward to meeting you and Karen and other new owners we haven't met yet.

We had really brilliant weather (apologies to owners who have been on board for the last few weeks) and Lightning ran really well.

Brooms advised us to give the new engine a burst of full revs when possible, so we gave it a go across Breydon to arrive at GY YS at LWS. Yellow post to yellow post dead on 25 minutes.

It was our second trip with the new engine and she passed the YS (when the Bure is still running off) at about 3 mph - both times at about three quarter revs. With the previous engine we had been down to 1 mph under similar conditions.

Roy

• Like 3

• 1 month later...