Broads Week On Radio Norfolk

TheQ

Well I thought I'd start it, Radio Norfolk has annouced next week is Broads week, though what that means as far as programming is concerned I have no idea. We'll just have to listen and hope it's OK I would think Wally is going to be busy..

On his Vespa, the radio car or on his very nice Sancere 33.  Met him a few years ago at Irstead Staite , what a very nice chap he is. Always liked the Sancere as a cruiser. His looked a particularly nice example.

On his Vespa, the radio car or on his very nice Sancere 33.  Met him a few years ago at Irstead Staite , what a very nice chap he is. Always liked the Sancere as a cruiser. His looked a particularly nice example. Correction it is a Lambretta vintage 1966.

I've only met Wally,  the year he did the 3 Rivers race, but I've seen that boat around a few times, I hadn't realised it was his.

Mike Liggins took a broads holiday a couple of years ago with his family, we met him down at Thurne Lion Dyke .

And of course Ian Masters from a few years ago on BBC Norfolk / Look  east is a keen member of Wroxham Sailing club

When on the boat, I love listening to Wally just after the 6am news on Radio Norfolk. He gives high and low water times for the local areas and sometimes (not often) gets himself in a bit of a pickle with low water at GYYS. He does try and give the right times for boats to cross Breydon although I have a suspicion one or two newbies might be a tad confused after listening to him. He is always a pleasure to listen to however and being a keen boater makes any Broads news interesting. To me he is the sound of being in my favourite place! 

I caught a bit of the NC JP interview, the National Park question was asked, and JP trotted out its only for advertising it won't make any difference, But we all know it's been JPs aim for years for the broads to become a National Park, NC let JP say anything nothing was challenged.

• Like 1

They would look to entertain, inform and amuse. One can not expect an Andrew Marr confrontational interview on a local station talking about their back yard.

Give the fellow a break, he has said it is for marketing purposes on a worldwide stage. If he or the organisation renege on that promise then hold them to account.  

• Like 1