Betsey Jane

JennyMorgan

I used to enjoy seeing Betsey Jane on Oulton Broad but this year she's been noticeable by her absence. Just searched for her online only to find that she's for sale:

http://www.betsiejane.co.uk/www.betsiejane.co.uk/Home.html

Such a shame because she's a lovely boat, the owner a grand character, and she always seemed a popular asset to the WRC.

Anyone know where she is? 

Looked closely at the BoatShed pics. I think that all over winter cover may have suffered some condensation. The brightwork needs some work, around the helm it needs considerable work. It is a lovely looking boat but to convert her to a comfortable cruiser will require work and money. However you would end up with a very nice craft well capable of taking you round to Wells, Southwold, Orford etc. I would certainly want to know more about the engines and work done on them as the pictures do not reflect an indepth restoration.

• Like 1

Paul is a smashing bloke and Betsie Jane is a lovely boat with a lot of history. Paul kindly brought her along to a C in C I organised for the other place ahem...from what I remember she was responsible for scouting out possible D day landing sites during the war.

Here's some footage of the event with a few familiar faces and boats and some rare footage of Royal Tudor afloat.

• Like 2

Wow Tim, I'd forgotten that his Lordship had videoed part of that day.  It seems so long ago now.  It was such a hot day but great fun.  Betsy Jane was a great lead ship.  Was that the year that Telscombe came too? 

Charlie 

I'm well thanks, Tim. 

Very boat-sick now that I'm back at school but its only 30 school days, 5 hours, and 30 minutes until half term.  

Not that I'm counting obviously.  I just hope that the weather holds out for an Indian Summer around the last week of October.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dolphin said:

I'm well thanks, Tim. 

Very boat-sick now that I'm back at school but its only 30 school days, 5 hours, and 30 minutes until half term.  

Not that I'm counting obviously.  I just hope that the weather holds out for an Indian Summer around the last week of October.  

Hi Charlie,

Did your dad manage to sort out the steering problem, I think he was waiting parts when we saw him.

Doug.