Potential Bridge Jumper 8 Sep

RumPunch

I see that a boat was also aground near Marina Keys.

6/9/16. 19:47hrs. Team paged by Humber to reports of a vessel aground near Marina Keys. Upon arrival it was found that a hire vessel was aground close to the bank adjacent to Bure park. A welfare check was carried out and mooring lines secured to the bank. The crew were advised about tides and timing to when they would refloat and what to do once they did. #75/16.

Image may contain: outdoor

1 hour ago, chameleon said:

must you always knock g yarmouth peter, having visited lowestoft this year it appears a much bigger dump than gt yarmouth,

used to be good but gone downhill recently, always on my visit  list but no longer i'm afraid

Historical and traditional rivalry:

http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1604-1629/constituencies/great-yarmouth

Actually I agree that Lowestoft has gone downhill, for various reasons, but then I'm a native of nearby Oulton Broad.

Reality has not been kind to the East Coast ports & towns, whether they be Grimsby, Gt Yarmouth, Skegness or Lowestoft.

I will have you know that Lowestoft is not a dump!

From a certain angle it might appear as its suffered some sort of natural disaster but that is besides the point!!  

Now BHS has gone im keeping fingers crossed for a Matalan on the high street, that will improve the local class no end :-)

Oh and Great Yarmouth is a dump but we still love it all the same

• Like 1

The rate retailers are closing there might not be much of a high street left at all, if the pound shop shuts Im officially going to start worrying.  

If the good people of Lowestoft didnt have poverty they really would have nothing :-) 

tongue in cheek, its really not that bad.  Grimsby on the other hand......It suffered heavy bombing during the war, caused 2 quids worth of damage. 

• Like 1

We quite like Great Yarmouth. It is on our regular visit list. Mind you, one of our local towns is Folkestone. M&S cleared out around 10 years ago, Debenhams looks to be on its last legs and the "aspirational" outlets in the new shopping mall are Matalan, Poundland , Primark and ASDA. Agree with Iain about Kilmarnock though. It was a dump when I was up there In 1975/6 and it sounds as though it hasn't improved.

cheers

Steve

2 hours ago, SteveO said:

We quite like Great Yarmouth. It is on our regular visit list. Mind you, one of our local towns is Folkestone. M&S cleared out around 10 years ago, Debenhams looks to be on its last legs and the "aspirational" outlets in the new shopping mall are Matalan, Poundland , Primark and ASDA. Agree with Iain about Kilmarnock though. It was a dump when I was up there In 1975/6 and it sounds as though it hasn't improved.

cheers

Steve

It was a tad tongue in cheek Steve, yes it was in a hellova mess, but considering all the loss of jobs there, they are now making a concentrated effort to turn the old working town round. Losing BMK, Johnnie Walkers, Glacier Metal and Glenfield and Kennedy hit the place hard, big time.

I omitted to say, that my home town is also making moves towards the 21st century, very slowky! 

The good news from what we have heard, is, the Ayr, Scottish Air Show was yet again a great success with a six figure plus attendance at it.:)

cheersIain

10 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

The good news from what we have heard, is, the Ayr, Scottish Air Show was yet again a great success with a six figure plus attendance at it.

Blimey, if they keep up progressing soon they will be a dozen of em

Griff

Aye yer right there Griff, I should have said, 118,000 was last years figure, I don't know the official attendance yet for this years. It was all done though out on Ayr Bay.Elf n safety n all of that. Know doubt there will be vids on YT.

cheersIain