Who Needs A Shotgun

Jbx5

I had the same happen many years ago, a pigeon went in to an air vent below the bumper on a Triumph 2000 and lodged against the radiator. Unfortunately I didn't notice straight away, until I could smell rotting semi cooked pigeon...... 

These days it tends to be deer which make more of a mess of the car....

a friend of mine did that, bird flew right into the front of the car cracking the radiator grill. Said friend picked up the bird and threw it on a newspaper on the back seat to sort out when he got home - great consternation when it woke up and started flapping round the car.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Maxwellian said:

My son did that with a rather large deer. Made a real mess of the car.

Following the previous thread... what,  you threw it in the back of the car and placed on newspaper... and then it flapped around the car... no wonder it made a mess of the car... lol

Apologies I purposely misinterpreted your text lol...

We live on the edge of Cannock Chase, we try to avoid roads through at dawn and dusk, we have learnt where the deer are, when they cross, there is normally one, then 6-8 others soon follow. We have seen quite a few cars wriiten off and many underivable after an encounter. Some deer appear to get up, then run off as if nothing has happened, but unfortunately that is rarely the case, they often have severe internal injuries and die in agony often just 50 metres from the road. We have seen many a ranger dealing with the outcome.

In the USA all road kill is fresh, once seen, back of the truck lol. I wouldn't opt for the Cannock Chase deer though, especially after the Ranger has despatched it.

• Like 2