School Holidays

SwanR

Well some parts of the country start their Easter school holidays today and are having two weeks before Easter then going back on the day after Easter Monday. Other parts of the country have another week at school then two weeks off with the Easter weekend in the middle. So ... it's time to get back to watching the webcams. Barnes Brinkcraft look quite busy moving some boats around and generally looking like they are getting ready for people to arrive. :)

• Like 1

Hi Jean,

School holidays throughout the country present issues for boat syndicates where they operate on drawn weeks rather than fixed weeks. Because school holidays especially the summer holiday weeks vary from county to county we have to check out the holidays dates well in advance so for our draw last November we needed the holiday dates for 2018.

If only the holidays were standardised we could get away from these issues, where we live our catchment area is in Sheffield, North East Derbyshire and Rotherham so you can guess the Easter holidays cause problems.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 1

Indeed. It was simpler when all schools had two weeks with Easter in the middle but they wanted to try to even out the length of the spring and summer terms with Easter moving around ... but now they all do different things and then their half terms are in different places as well. My work is with schools all over the country so it keeps us on our toes.

Checking out the webcam just now I saw Royall Satin being prepared on the riverfront outside Barnes ... that is going to be one to get used to this season.

Now we know the season's underway ... there are Richardson's boats moored up on the main river outside Barnes Brinkcraft. Been a long time since I've seen that. 

Grace I read somewhere else that you are watching Ant and Dec ... I hope that's with one eye on the webcam!!

• Like 1

I'm on Broadland Wave 2 in May Grace, my second time on it. I normally find sedans too enclosed but love it because I can get my head out of the big roof. It's a brilliant value for money boat and even more so because I'm using my Richardsons loyalty discount. 

• Like 1

We've eaten there a few times and the food has always been excellent. Might drive over there when we're at the caravan one weekend so that's a good reminder to make sure we book a table in advance.

• Like 1