2017 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

On 29/07/2017 at 11:48, grendel said:

dont forget, I will be requiring a 12" wide stern on mooring, or a 48" long side on one :default_icon_e_smile: (now to fit something to attach mooring ropes to.) yes one of the models is seaworthy.

Your stern on mooring is booked. Please make sure you have a mudweight to stop your bow swinging into the other boats on display. Sadly we are unable to raise the mud to a 1/12th depth for you... :default_icon_e_biggrin:

On this occasion we have decided to waive your mooring fees. It's not the 1/12th scale receipt that's the issue, the harbour master is unable to hold the 'to scale' pen to write said receipt and therefore can not charge.

Water is available should you need to top up during your stay, however, we request that you provide a suitable fitting or adapter to match the flow rate to your requirements to prevent 'flooding' 

Should we be able to help further please contact us in the usual way. We are available, obviously, for 5 minutes in every hour.

:default_coat:

• Haha 6

Please can someone help me as I am confused.

BroadAmbition has very kindly provide us with his passage plan to arrive at Great Yarmouth at 19:57 hrs but according to Norfolk Broads Tide Table it shows low tide at 13:37 hrs.

Have i missed something and do I need to redo my passage plan?

Many thanks

Philip

Tide times.pdf

Charlie will probably be along to explain his reasoning, but there is nothing stopping you going under at any state of the tide except dead high water if you have the air draft to get through, its just that the slack water after low water is the best time to do it. it may well be that Charlie has worked out his timings from the sailing time from Stalham, the average clearance at high water of Vauxhall bridge is 6'9" which means Broad Ambition can pretty much go through the bridges at any time if Charlie drops the mast and screen, unless you have a huge air draft you should be OK following Charlie, as he knows what he is doing (well mostly, but dont tell him I said that or his hat wont fit)

The recommended passage time is for the following.

Wednesday 16/08. 11.56 am

Thursday. 17/08.    13.17 pm

Friday.  18/08.  14.37 pm

Saturday 19/08.  15.47. Pm

The passage time is approx 1 hour after GY low water time.

This is the time you should plan to arrive at the yacht station, this gives you maximum height under the bridge and the least amount of tide. You can of course arrive at anytime if the airdraft is not a problem.

Im planning to go over on Thursday and you are welcome to join me if you wish.

Doug.

Edited by brundallNavy

AHA  -  'Whadamistaketomaker'  or a right royal cock up.  Having checked my earlier post ref passage plan it now is obvious I was looking at the wrong page in the Broads Tide Tables, in t'other words I have looked at the high water times instead of the low water times :default_dunce:    :default_icon_redface:   The booklet lists low water at 1339.

Y618  -  Thanks for pointing this one out - Could have got mysen in a right tangle there.  Mods - could one of you amend or delete the actual timings on my earlier post please - save any more confusion - Tks.

New (And correct) passage plan as follows:- Aim to pass through Yarmouth at 1430 on the Friday 18th then keep on going right through to Beccles Yacht Station eta 1900 - ish.

There, that's cleared that one up,  sorry for any confusion caused

Griff

Charlie, Doug et al.

We will be already in the saaarf before Friday but plan to meander up to Beccles on Friday. If you would like some company we can process up the river to Beccles together, we can hang about downstream till you tell us you're cummin. (we have walkie talkie thingies)

No dog, no kids, no dinghy, just Fiona and me! woo hoo.

Let us know and we will see what we can do.

Martin.

We intend to travel from Lowestoft to Beccles on the Friday but I am trying to find the height of Lowestoft Harbour bridge to see if I can squeeze under so  I don't have to wait for it to open. just the lock then I can join your procession. 

Oh and Charlie no I am not doing the Grt. Yarmouth to Lowestoft sea passage. We are semi safe in RN&SYC  letting the old girl have a taste of sea salt.

http://www.rnsyc.net/wordpress/webcam/

That is us right down the far end on the left Starboard side to.

• Like 1

OK

Fiona and I just have to plan when we get darn saaarf and where we spend Thursday evening. Loads to choose from. 

Will keep you lot updated.

Its fun this stuff. Reminds me of a certain CinC with a big grey boat...lol

• Like 2