An Expensive Winter

Baitrunner

After many seasons of putting up with a dodgy canopy we could not remove (more to the point put back on) and needing some removable panels. Along with the cockpit seats that had seen better days we (royal we that is) decided this winter would be upgrade time. 

For my part I wanted to tidy up the dash which had been wrapped in a carbon style film, but was bubbling and looking sad. A jolly good friend helped remove the panels and copious dials and re wrapped it for me. Then added some shiny bezels to add to the new look. 

I still need to decide on what to do with the screws on the dash and still work being done on the canopy, but some photos of my hard earned cash!!!!

sorry the pictures arent great but it was too sunny!!!

the dash is in 3 parts

IMG_0377.thumb.JPG.edd6a5483652509866acdb67a58ab1a6.JPG

IMG_0379.thumb.JPG.43adfc4cf9cd416257bd78eef4f35f6b.JPG

The helm seats 

IMG_0380.thumb.JPG.cde735b522a150b8caa7568c0bf4ec18.JPG

Cockpit seats

IMG_0382.thumb.JPG.a17a7430b61a7d670e9f8222002c4476.JPG

IMG_0383.thumb.JPG.b2402111643dd567dc660ed632ef1ed2.JPG

IMG_0385.thumb.JPG.a8428e2185aa8bd8caaf946b1440b732.JPG

i have also adorned our teak cockpit table with teak tray now to finish the effect off. 

Just need to clean the teak deck and job done!! Until next winter no doubt. 

• Like 13

It's a sealine (can you tell by those cushions) S38. I know it's not a Broads cruiser, buts it's on the Broads and cruises them. 

We will be on her over Easter. Hoping to do a few runs across Breydon if those pesky rangers and hire boats keep out of our way. :norty: have worked out high tide Saturday so hoping it's quiet for an hour or 2.  Got to test MBA Marks handiwork out:clap

should be at reedham ferry sat night. No idea about the rest of Easter. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

After many seasons of putting up with a dodgy canopy we could not remove (more to the point put back on) and needing some removable panels. Along with the cockpit seats that had seen better days we (royal we that is) decided this winter would be upgrade time. 

For my part I wanted to tidy up the dash which had been wrapped in a carbon style film, but was bubbling and looking sad. A jolly good friend helped remove the panels and copious dials and re wrapped it for me. Then added some shiny bezels to add to the new look. 

I still need to decide on what to do with the screws on the dash and still work being done on the canopy, but some photos of my hard earned cash!!!!

sorry the pictures arent great but it was too sunny!!!

the dash is in 3 parts

IMG_0377.thumb.JPG.edd6a5483652509866acdb67a58ab1a6.JPG

IMG_0379.thumb.JPG.43adfc4cf9cd416257bd78eef4f35f6b.JPG

The helm seats 

IMG_0380.thumb.JPG.cde735b522a150b8caa7568c0bf4ec18.JPG

Cockpit seats

IMG_0382.thumb.JPG.a17a7430b61a7d670e9f8222002c4476.JPG

IMG_0383.thumb.JPG.b2402111643dd567dc660ed632ef1ed2.JPG

IMG_0385.thumb.JPG.a8428e2185aa8bd8caaf946b1440b732.JPG

i have also adorned our teak cockpit table with teak tray now to finish the effect off. 

Just need to clean the teak deck and job done!! Until next winter no doubt. 

Hi Mark,

I can tell from your pictures you are about 4 or 5 berths nearer  to the river than us.

When we fitted our upper helm radio we also wrapped our two upper helm dashboards with a similar wrap to yours, not too hard a job, our had studs on them that removed the nuts from at the back of the upper helm. With yours I suggest that you use the older mirror fixing screws that had a threaded hole in the center and the threaded chrome covers that went over the screw.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas on screws. 

They are self tapers at the moment and I like the idea of stainless Alan screws if you can get them. I think either black or SS, but I think I have some of those mirror fixings I can try as well. 

Sometimes you try something out of the ordinary and it just works. Watch this space. 

Alan, yes we are about 6-8 berths down I think. Saw the Breeze go out a couple of times I think. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imtamping2 said:

Looks great ....all you need now is some Teak Carpet........:dance

Noooooio!!!!!

sorry Alan, but there is something about proper teak decking. :norty:

A pain to look after I admit, but it has its place. And it's place is on my boat. cheers

• Like 2