Car Sticker

Poppy

3 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Perhaps it's impatient drivers stuck behind doddery old drivers and cursed caravans that need to hand in their licences.

Poppy, I rather suspect that said warning sign is most likely to be bought as a joke by the children of doddery old gits!

I was forced to follow somebody towing a bloody great yacht down a country lane today :naughty:

• Like 1

Just now, Timbo said:

Ah! I see your problem. You are supposed to put it on the water! There's a handy map available.
broads-cover-2014.jpg

Perhaps you could put one of these on the stern of the yacht? :naughty:
Elderly driver.jpg

It got there after a short while.  

As for the sticker, what I need is one for the end of the bowsprit reading ' Yacht coming through, move over please !' :naughty::naughty::Sailing:hiding:

• Like 3

BLUEBOTTLE

Aye aye to YOU, sir. De de de (sings) de de de de de.

NED

What's that rough sailor song you sing, Seaman?

BLUEBOTTLE

I'm singing this map...(ad libs tune) all those brown parts are the

land, and the blue bits with the little lines on are the seassssss,

all the green is where the forest is, Sherwood Forest nine miles

long...

NED (singing with Bottle)

Ahh, lad, they don't write maps like that any more. 
  • Like 5

I seem to have several modes for driving. Car is a hybrid so I try and maximise mpg to and from work ( 36 km per day) so my foot never touches the Axminster . On holiday it's yahoo let the horses ( 288 of them) out and enjoy... I can't do it for long as my northern brain does the sums for consumption/ distance / time etc. All the time saved by going fast is lost filling up three times rather than twice lol. I kind of figure out when I'm on the A5 in the Ruhr valley that the kids and Fiona aren't happy at 220 kph ( approx 137.28 mph). Fiona's knees are on her chest her eyes are closed and the kids are quiet and have stopped " bantering" as they call taking the Micheal these days. So after 15 minutes of madness it's back to driving like Mr Bean .

All strictly legal I must say. There's little as satisfying as passing plod on the autobahn at 120 mph. The hardest thing is to anticipate up front and watch the rear as you get flashed over by a Porsche or a Ferrari or a huge black BMW. 

Living in Germany was fun and strangely very few people break in town limits as they know if they want to go fast they can go on a de restricted autobahn and waste some time money and fuel.

i want a sticker with " if you can read this I feel violated" on the bumper. Tailgating grrrr scourge of the A12...

m

• Like 2

i watched and old fella park his car the other day  18 inches from the curb and 15 mins later 10 thousand shunts back and forth  he missed the cars infront and behind got out the car set off walking then returnrd to open the boot got his walking stick out and went on his way    wheeeeeew

9 minutes ago, Stranger said:

i watched and old fella park his car the other day  18 inches from the curb and 15 mins later 10 thousand shunts back and forth  he missed the cars infront and behind got out the car set off walking then returnrd to open the boot got his walking stick out and went on his way    wheeeeeew

Bloody hell it was you watching me, don't you realise being watched when parking, makes me really nervous.

Charlie

• Like 3

My old dad bless him stuck a sticker in the front window of my boat saying "fart Propelled".  It was a couple of days until I found it. I wondered why I got so many strange looks from the other boaters.

He had a cheek! He was much worse than me although I am not innocent in that respect.     :naughty:

• Like 1