Hotel Close To Horning

Jocave

Just finalising things for our upcoming visit on the 29th, we are dropping our cat off at the cattery at miday the day before so the wife has suggested travelling across that afternoon and staying the night in a hotel, the thinking behind this is the roads hopefully will be quieter than the bank holiday Monday, we can spend Monday morning visiting Norwich ,a city I've never been to and generally taking it easy ,stocking up on supplies  before heading to the boat yard, it saves getting up at silly o clock as well which is a bonus as I don't generally sleep to well the night before a holiday or trip away, can anyone suggest a hotel within half an hours drive of Horning that does food as well?? Thanks

• Like 1

Norwich is more or less within half an hour of Horning, certainly Norwich north is.  

Theres the Mercure on the north ringroad, premier inn in city centre (although im not sure about parking) Holiday Inn ipswich road just off the a47, hotel wroxham, sprowston manor, does the swan inn horning still do rooms anyone?

theres lots of choice within reach of horning, depends how much you want to spend! Theres a travelodge on the A47 at Acle but not sure about food for that one. Have fun!

Thanks guys for the suggestions but booked a couple of rooms in the Mecure Norwich they had an accessible room available and I just wanted to get somewhere booked as its a busy weekend and rooms were filling up as I was looking at them, not the best I know but its close enough to Horning for us and it was cheapish so one more to do thing ticked off the list...

• Like 2

Theres a big Asda just over the road from the Mercure for your supplies or you will pass a big Tesco's in Sprowston as you leave Norwich on the way up to Horning. 

I had to google it to find out its name earlier as when we stayed there last it was a Ramada Jarvis! 

The obvious one is the Swan Inn in Horning, I've never stayed there myself ( my motorboat you can see out of the window). But those I have known stay there, have not complained about the accomodation.

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

The obvious one is the Swan Inn in Horning, I've never stayed there myself ( my motorboat you can see out of the window). But those I have known stay there, have not complained about the accomodation.

Tan & I have stayed at the Swan Inn, the room was OK likewise the breakfast. The location is good, parking can be an issue directly outside of the pub but there is the large public carpark, but I am not sure I would risk overnight parking there.

We tend to stay at the Hotel Wroxham if we arrive in Norfolk earlier than our allocations or if down for Syndicate meeting.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

This is deepest Norfolk, North Norfolk is the second lowest crime aea in the country, I regularly for the last 40 years have my landrover or car parked overnight in the sailing club car park which adjoins the Swan / public one. I have never had a problem. I've even left it unlocked accidentally, no problem..

In 40 years, I only once have heard of a problem, and that many years ago, was a bonnet mascot stolen overnight from an historic car.

We had a very good couple of nights in the Premier Inn by the river in Norwich. A lovely walk from there along by the yacht station, up past the cathedral and on into the city centre. Loved Norwich and fully intend to get back there later in the year, much later in the year ... for a spot of shopping but I mustn't say anymore or I might get told off! :naughty:

• Like 1