Broom Captain

Markw

Hi all,

We have now hired Broom Captain on 3 separate occasions and have been asked if we could post some pictures of some of the internal features of the boat - so here goes..

P1010515.thumb.JPG.1f044622128370080e67b43326186e9e.JPG

P1010516.thumb.JPG.22b247226e9e3a637bb7fade92decbc0.JPG

Bi fold doors fully open into saloon

P1010481.thumb.JPG.9977c1888f374f40541b5a6c203b2a12.JPG

Saloon seating

P1010482.thumb.JPG.9e39ac7c6ce065b5a16a2ecab10e7c36.JPG

lots of storage either side of TV with DVD player

P1010484.thumb.JPG.53ad698004f09493b5261936358a3f52.JPG

First seat on left is reversable

P1010486.thumb.JPG.5d6fc8fa095be89864e32d5393888aea.JPG

P1010501.thumb.JPG.01f077cd069189bf79728357172e97b2.JPG

Galley - storage behind taps as well as cupboards to left and below sink & oven

P1010489.thumb.JPG.360944f89febc2e715534c09ab1f8fa4.JPG

Gas hob - gas oven & grill

P1010490.thumb.JPG.111f26669b21c03c5c7c96a2f4945ca1.JPG

Full size fridge - door will easily hold 2 liter milk bottles and more importantly - 3 or 4 wine / champagne bottles - great ice compartment will take full size bag of ice

P1010493.thumb.JPG.232b43f383fb563b3e664b8573a23cdd.JPG

Really powerful shower - decent size to stand in

P1010494.thumb.JPG.fce8c86bbd2f517811f7a46a177e4d8d.JPG

Full electric flush toilet - can be a little cramped

P1010495.thumb.JPG.68b4b440ce46d4a02eaaca0a204f6521.JPG

Circular bed - raised with side steps - good storage either side and under end of bed

P1010497.thumb.JPG.ba16f719935bedf76d62a8ff2d3a9f89.JPG

Small wardrobe - will hang shirts etc

P1010498.thumb.JPG.10820d1b9d5de70279662e514f12abd4.JPG

Additional storage in bedroom

P1010499.thumb.JPG.f73ae86496362cc78dfe6835c5f4a481.JPG

P1010500.thumb.JPG.134422fa794d25a0c39307299e716a77.JPG

Helm position - side panel will slide open and allows you to step outside - not as easy to get back in mind

P1010502.thumb.JPG.e396d566fe4f0721022ac61f4a9a759f.JPG

There are lots of additional storage spaces all over boat - for example - the 3 steps down to the galley all open on hinges - with good storage space.  In the rear of the boat there is also a large storage locker that stays perfectly dry where we usually store all our bags / cases / boxes etc (forgot to take pic).

The only thing i will say about thus style of boat is that it can be a little awkward to get onto the bow of the boat - you need to undo the rear canopy (depending on which side you want to get onto) - and then step through the canopy onto the side (have a look again at the first 2 pics and you will see what i mean) - but it has never caused us a problem.  Incidentally the mudweight is nicely stored in a locker in the bow of the boat.

Am happy to answer any questions either through here or by pm about the boat etc....

Hope the pics answer some of the questions.

Mark

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hi Hylander,

Yes - the canopy is divided into a number of sections - basically you can end up with the whole canopy rolled up - or individual sections (think there are 5 in total).  They are held in place by elasticated straps/rope and very easy to unhook & unzip....

Mark

• 1 month later...

On 14/03/2018 at 08:35, Hylander said:

Thank you so much for the photos,   well done.     Especially thank you for the photo of the fridge.       You mention about the back canopy , can that side part be rolled up as well as the back?

We took the rear cover completely off whilst waiting for the handover and stored it in the rear locker for the whole week. It's a shame they sealed the electric sunroof up and does it still have the sound system and Ipod docking station? can't really see from the pics.

10 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

There’s plenty room all over the boat... lots of hidden cabinets even the footstool opens up... 

That is good to know as I take the kitchen sink as well as everything else (hubby goes ballistic every time we go away) car groans as we pull away.   I am a 'well you never know you might need this or that gal'.    You would think when you packed the car to come home there would be less but there never seems to be.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

That is good to know as I take the kitchen sink as well as everything else (hubby goes ballistic every time we go away) car groans as we pull away.   I am a 'well you never know you might need this or that gal'.    You would think when you packed the car to come home there would be less but there never seems to be.  

Hi Monica,

We put all of our clothes, Tan's & my boat kits in Morrison's bags for life, so we can just fold them up once on the boat. I can get 4 on the back seat and 4 in the boot. 

If we close the boat at the end of our season then we bring all the curtains and bedding home in vac bags to save on space.

When are are you planing your hire?

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TostockTimonnier said:

We took the rear cover completely off whilst waiting for the handover and stored it in the rear locker for the whole week. It's a shame they sealed the electric sunroof up and does it still have the sound system and Ipod docking station? can't really see from the pics.

Hi,

Yes it does still have the sound system (which was great when we had the DVD on - very impressive) - it still does have an Ipod dock - but it is of the older style fitting (not for the newer lightning connectors)....

Mark

10 hours ago, Hylander said:

Last year we took 2 suit case and 2 big boxes full of essentials cider and Gin ha ha ha... food and that what we need for the week...  I forgot to mention at the back of the boat is a massive locker in the floor... it’s water tight... that’s where they keep the electrical hook up lead and front night screen you clip on the front windscreen.....so we off loaded and unpacked the cases and placed it and the boxes in the big floor locker... so that’s one less headache about thinking where to store the case and that... and when you pack to go home you’ve got your boxes to.... if you find anymore let me know ha ha...

• Like 1

There is a very old boating saying: 

"What are the three most useless things on a boat?"

ANSWER:  A suitcase, an umbrella and a Naval Officer.

Alan, (Ranworthbreeze) has it right, use bags.

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2018 at 09:02, Markw said:

Hi Hylander,

Yes - the canopy is divided into a number of sections - basically you can end up with the whole canopy rolled up - or individual sections (think there are 5 in total).  They are held in place by elasticated straps/rope and very easy to unhook & unzip....

Mark

There is only one real concern I have and that is the lack of windows in the boat even in the galley by a gas cooker and no window to open!!!    Also how about the head or bathroom does that window open (for obvious reasons).

There is only one real concern I have and that is the lack of windows in the boat even in the galley by a gas cooker and no window to open!!!    Also how about the head or bathroom does that window open (for obvious reasons).

No - none of the windows open - in the galley and the head there are extractor fans - but unfortunately no opening windows...

The heads have an extractor fan in there so it’s pretty good... all the windows are one sealed unit... so you have the 2 pop up roofs in the front cabin where you sleep that’s the only ones what open...

1 hour ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

The heads have an extractor fan in there so it’s pretty good... all the windows are one sealed unit... so you have the 2 pop up roofs in the front cabin where you sleep that’s the only ones what open...

Not so good then having to run an extractor fan (more wastage on the battery).    This would have been a very big minus before booking.    What about Co2 concerns.   I like to open my windows wide throughout the boat and house.

21 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Not so good then having to run an extractor fan (more wastage on the battery).    This would have been a very big minus before booking.    What about Co2 concerns.   I like to open my windows wide throughout the boat and house.

The batteries are brilliant on there you’ve got no worries there... also I use the electric hook up at most of the moorings I stay at so that’s a good thing... instant hot water in the morning for the shower..

3 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

The batteries are brilliant on there you’ve got no worries there... also I use the electric hook up at most of the moorings I stay at so that’s a good thing... instant hot water in the morning for the shower..

Now that is good to hear,  I am sure the Captain will be lovely.      

• 3 weeks later...

Back home again now.     Must say that The Captain lived up to expectations and more besides.    One thing to mention that could catch someone out is that , well on Captain 8 and I assume the others are similar the 12 volt charger is a USB type and not a cigar type connection.   Luckily we had both with us.       The boat handled very well and with ease.     It started without the performance of counting to wait for the 'whatever they are called to heat up'  you just turned the key and pressed the starter and it started.    There was even enough storage for me who takes the kitchen sink as well.        The TV worked in every location.     Just loved the canopy area at the rear which remained toasty despite some times a cold wind blowing.      A real luxury boat. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1