I See The Red And White Tape Has Made Another Appearance

Wyndham

I'm with Polly and Marshman on this, having seen a ranger use the tape over the last two weeks. One occasion an area was marked before the ranger returned to work on something then removed the tape and on another occasion, the area was marked and when I passed the following day the area sported yellow stakes. On yet another occasion, the tape was there for several days.

I tend to think it's a bit like traffic cones. Occasionally I see a traffic cone that is obviously the result of a random drunken hat episode. I also see sections and laybys on the A17 coned off. Would I stop and remove the cones because I wanted to park there? Nope. I'm not qualified or insured for that matter. Although with enough Stella...yes, perhaps I would be wearing a cone on my head before the night was out. Not that I'd be drinking and driving...:default_norty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, smellyloo said:

I'm not at all sure that the NBN should be seen to condone the removal of the tape particularly as it is far from certain who put it there.

Where does it say the NBN condones this?

This is a discussion forum,posts are the opinions of the members involved not that of the NBN.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

21 hours ago, Timbo said:

I'm with Polly and Marshman on this, having seen a ranger use the tape over the last two weeks. One occasion an area was marked before the ranger returned to work on something then removed the tape and on another occasion, the area was marked and when I passed the following day the area sported yellow stakes. On yet another occasion, the tape was there for several days.

I tend to think it's a bit like traffic cones. Occasionally I see a traffic cone that is obviously the result of a random drunken hat episode. I also see sections and laybys on the A17 coned off. Would I stop and remove the cones because I wanted to park there? Nope. I'm not qualified or insured for that matter. Although with enough Stella...yes, perhaps I would be wearing a cone on my head before the night was out. Not that I'd be drinking and driving...:default_norty:

Fair enough Tim, you've seen Rangers with your own eyes so you've convinced me not to remove any tape any time soon. I still think they should add signage though. 

Maybe to avoid any doubt the BA should get their own tape that has Broads Authority written on it.....I imagine they could also squeeze the words National & Park in a few hundred times per roll!

I do hope I havent just gone and given them an idea......

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:44, dnks34 said:

Maybe to avoid any doubt the BA should get their own tape that has Broads Authority written on it.....I imagine they could also squeeze the words National & Park in a few hundred times per roll!

Now that is a very good idea, except for the "National Park" bit.

Incidentally, I saw the person who I believe is responsible for taping off his family's favourite fishing spot at Deep Go Dyke. He was going down the Ant and he had a face like thunder, he has probably seen the comments on here. Possibly he moors up at Stalham and that could explain the taping off of the wild mooring at the downstream end of Barton Broad. The Barton Broad tape has been removed, not by me incidentally.

Please note that if I remove tape I always inspect the mooring first for any dangers. If there is no danger, the tape goes. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with the Deep Go Dyke moorings so just cut it off and moor there if you want to.

Perhaps the rangers should be instructed to remove tape that has not been put there by BA. Obviously this should only be done on BA moorings. Owners of wild moorings obviously have a right to tape off their land if they want to and I would not dream of touching that tape.    

On 25/08/2018 at 21:44, dnks34 said:

Not with MY tolls they shouldnt!