Richardsons Sedan Build

Clive was talking about the sedans with pictures of some of the full size mock ups for the modified aft section on facebook a little while ago so deffinitely progressin, and looking very good.

I do congratulate Richardsons for designing their new boats with some degree of style to them. There is a decent attempt at least to make them look boat like, as opposed to many other yards producing waterborne sheds. 

• Like 4

I saw this boat this week hanging in straps outside this week. I forgot to take pictures this morning. Looks good.

Also had a look at the Sunway in Horning but it's not for us and has very high sides.

Last Monday when we got back to Richardsons I got talking to an engineer and asked about their new sedan and was told that they are still deciding how many moulds they should use for the superstructure because of the complex shapes.  The engineer did say that they are concentrating on a boat for a customer in Ireland and building new day boats.  No chance of their new sedan until next year.

1 hour ago, BryanW said:

Last Monday when we got back to Richardsons I got talking to an engineer and asked about their new sedan and was told that they are still deciding how many moulds they should use for the superstructure because of the complex shapes.  The engineer did say that they are concentrating on a boat for a customer in Ireland and building new day boats.  No chance of their new sedan until next year.

The customer in Ireland (actually Northern Ireland) is Westwood who were an Aquafibre customer and then with Roes for a while after AF went bump, but they now use Richardson's for their mouldings.

They're not to be confused with the old John Williams operation in Beccles known as Westward - Although amusingly I have seen an old Westward on the Broads with DIY 'Westwood' badges. 

Westwood boats were manufactured in Doncaster using mainly Broom/Aquafibre mouldings (ST29. Coupe 31,34) up to around 2012 when among other reasons couldn’t get the hulls etc  supplied any more. The name was taken over by the company in Northern Ireland now building bigger posh boats with new designs of which the Richadsons supplied one will be.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1