Interview With Chief Executive

Hylander

I don’t think there is anything really new in that interview, not to regular Broads users anyway. I am sure we would all agree that being the CEO of such a large ‘empire’ does mean having a hand in all aspects of its care. (I do just hope the Acle project goes away..............!)

As an aside, does anybody belong to the Broads Society and read Harnser? There are a couple of articles in the recent one that I think might be interesting to some members (concerning the BA) but I don’t know if I can reproduce them here. Guidance please? If I am allowed to, I will do so in the Members Only section.

• Like 1

Nothing new, that's for sure. The usual national park references, a subject that is not likely to go away until Dr Packman retires and then who knows. We must wait and see what the National Park Review comes up with. Eighteen years, gosh, that long! 

On 29/06/2019 at 10:31, vanessan said:

As an aside, does anybody belong to the Broads Society and read Harnser? There are a couple of articles in the recent one that I think might be interesting to some members (concerning the BA) but I don’t know if I can reproduce them here. Guidance please? If I am allowed to, I will do so in the Members Only section.

Having now seen the relevant copy of Harnser, thank you, it's good to see that the Society is no longer the subservient, cloying poodle that it once was. Perhaps a more pragmatic view would be to suggest that JP has seemingly lost a good friend, the loss of which should surely have sent a very clear message to the desk-bound denizens of Yare House, although somehow I rather doubt it, by now JP's skin must have thickened somewhat.

That aside it is perfectly acceptable to review and quote from the printed page provided source and authorship is acknowledged, at least that is my understanding of the niceties of the Net.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Having now seen the relevant copy of Harnser, thank you, it's good to see that the Society is no longer the subservient, cloying poodle that it once was. Perhaps a more pragmatic view would be to suggest that JP has seemingly lost a good friend, the loss of which should surely have sent a very clear message to the desk-bound denizens of Yare House, although somehow I rather doubt it, by now JP's skin must have thickened somewhat.

That aside it is perfectly acceptable to review and quote from the printed page provided source and authorship is acknowledged, at least that is my understanding of the niceties of the Net.

If you are refering to the piece by Paul Savidge then I agree - an excellent piece and quite revealing in its content. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Poppy said:

If you are refering to the piece by Paul Savidge then I agree - an excellent piece and quite revealing in its content. 

I thought that the Pauls both produced some good and sound comment. It is relevant that it comes from the hallowed pages of the Harnser, the journal of a Society that once supported JP without question, a relationship that was undoubtedly abused by JP,  at least in my jaded opinion, the dreaded Reed Factor.

• Like 1