The Ale Trail

27 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh I really don't think so babe

You will ruddy do as you're told Grace :default_hiding:

and you're not getting the t shirt back :default_biggrin: 

I've kinda figured that one out darling. That's why I want the new one :default_biggrin:

You do realise it's far too big for you and covers far too much up don't you? :default_smiley-angelic002:

You do a ruddy ale trail every time we go out :facepalm:

You still keep trekking along beside me though don't ya babe :default_icon_kiss:

I'm a winner already:default_trophy:

How about an NBN river pub crawl? Does the group do anything like this?

Over a weekend out of crazy season maybe? convoy between a few venues. 

Not sure 36 pints in two days is a good idea! That said, as long as it’s breezy I will still have a solid excuse for mooring mishaps.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulM said:

Over a weekend out of crazy season maybe? convoy between a few venues. 

Not sure 36 pints in two days is a good idea! That said, as long as it’s breezy I will still have a solid excuse for mooring mishaps.....

Sign me up , and I know what you mean by 36 pints in two days , 36 pints , 36 whiskeys (Irish) , and a snifter of brandy for a night cap it much more sensible .

those of you that know me know I’m a confirmed member of the temperance movement  , so speak in jest 

9 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Sorry Grace darling, ...

Very appropriate for those who have boating holidays.

7 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

those of you that know me know I’m a confirmed member of the temperance movement

Me and thee both squire!

9 hours ago, PaulM said:

Bloody good idea.

I have a couple of previous ale trail t shirts and never touched a drop of woodfordes in the attempt, I had john smiths, guiness, and even just breakfast in one pub and still got the stickers, it's just how you ask.

Asking nicely can work but asking annoyingly over and over again is really successful..... :default_biggrin:

I always wear my woodfordes t shirts when in southwold to cheer adnams up.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Thanks to the Ferry hose,we found out the Ale trail is back.Think they are missing a trick.In the past they used to send me details before it happened, now they dont,no longer have a discount card or sent a news letter.Whuch in the past did.

I've only got one sticker too which we got at the neat pub in Upton, tried to get one at the Lion and seems they hadn't got any info and this was back in June... So sadly seems Woodfordes have only gone in with half the energy (although double that of last time).. That and the shop reducing and the beers very much copying Adnams all a bit sad.. 

• Like 1

We went across to the shop two or three weeks ago. Very sad. It's so small now it's joined onto one end of the pub. Used to enjoy having a browse round their stock but now there's very little there. And there are some items they didn't seem to have any more. Really a shadow of its former self and we probably won't bother again which is a shame. We've enjoyed two or three trips a year across from Lowestoft to stock up the caravan but the lady in the shop wasn't even very friendly or chatty anymore.

That's a big thumbs down from us. :default_sad:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Was the lady in question, middle aged with glasses?if so that's the woman we have seen a few times.Think she needs a bit of customer service training. 

Can't remember exactly but think we had seen her in the old shop. She was on her own behind the counter, and spent ages on the phone with someone, I think trying to direct whoever it was to pubs that might stock their beer. Seemed totally oblivious to us waiting, no attempt to end the call or get another member of staff over.