Ppi

quo vadis

Not sure if this is allowed here but keen to hear your answers

PPI deadline approaches why should me or you have to claim the banks building societies knew who they stole the money from let them track everybody down at their expense and give the money back

cant we start one of these things whereby you get so many signitures and get parliament to sort it

if the moderators feel the need to remove this please do

Bob

the problem is bank records only go back 6 years readily available, so anything before that is buried in their archives, and i guess would take a bit of hunting out, i dont think they can just punch a query into a database and get the answer, besides i think people are just fed up of everyone saying to check your ppi by now. besides i did all mine about 5 years back just by writing to the banks in question.

• Like 2

Phone calls from unknown numbers go as follows.

"You have reached a number that doesn't care about ppi and hasn't had a recent accident, press 1 to p1ss off, press 2 if you actually want to talk to me"

Usually followed by "brrrrrrrrrrrrr" they're gone then.

Not so polite if I'm in a bad mood!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Phone calls from unknown numbers go as follows.

"You have reached a number that doesn't care about ppi and hasn't had a recent accident, press 1 to p1ss off, press 2 if you actually want to talk to me"

Usually followed by "brrrrrrrrrrrrr" they're gone then.

Not so polite if I'm in a bad mood!

Had one the other day I asked who it was then said did I ask you to call me she said no so I said then don't call me again. She hasn't

C&G/Lloyds mis-sold me income protection. I had numerous endowments covering more than the capital sum of what was then a very large mortgage all held by the bank.

When I got shafted in a take over, I claimed. Not only did they have to pay my interest but all my endowment payments. My total premiums were in the region of £5K and they paid out in excess of £20K in the year they paid on my behalf. (I was in no particular hurry to find work as it was a nice summer)

About a year later the major endowment, which had been taken out for me by my parents when I was in my teens  for £10K matured. It paid out 10x that amount and cleared the mortgage so income protection was cancelled.

Boy, did I do well out of income protection, certainly mis-sold from their perspective.

2 hours ago, ChrisB said:

C&G/Lloyds mis-sold me income protection. I had numerous endowments covering more than the capital sum of what was then a very large mortgage all held by the bank.

When I got shafted in a take over, I claimed. Not only did they have to pay my interest but all my endowment payments. My total premiums were in the region of £5K and they paid out in excess of £20K in the year they paid on my behalf. (I was in no particular hurry to find work as it was a nice summer)

About a year later the major endowment, which had been taken out for me by my parents when I was in my teens  for £10K matured. It paid out 10x that amount and cleared the mortgage so income protection was cancelled.

Boy, did I do well out of income protection, certainly mis-sold from their perspective.

So its all round to your place for drinks tonight.   Mine is Champagne please.   Only joking.   Well done.