Theme Park? Camp Site? Grazing?

3 minutes ago, marshman said:

Grazing land down that way is very sought after - indeed they still hold auctions for the grazing "for the season". So you could still get an income from it I guess.

Hopefully, crooked businessmen etc won`t be able to get (under very strange circumstances) planning permission to build on it. 

I would imagine with the pub next door, they must have domestic services etc nearby, and with the pub being there, they may try and claim that a precedence has been set for further development?.  I know it`s highly unlikely, but never say never.

Having done a 9 mile walk from Halvergate out across the marshes and through that plot of land, I can tell you they are dreaming. The most usable part of the land is the river bank / defence, and that has a public right of way straight across it. For anyone who knows that area, the boats that used to be moored, indeed there are still some there, on the mud to the right of the pub, that bit of land is still within the pub curtilage . I wouldn't really class that area as usable mooring, but a right to moor has been and continues to be established, however that is outside of the area for sale. Where the land for sale starts, it is mostly marshland the wrong side of the defence. There is a thin, and I mean thin ribbon of land the other / dry mostly side of the defence that is also edged by the drainage ditch that you have six months to build an access across to the private track. Rights of way along that track have long been debated and it was often argued that even The Berney didn't have access along the track, although they seemed to get away with using it, however that never extended to their customers. No idea how you would get customers to the marsh, even if you were able to get a couple of camping pitches.

Don't worry folks, nothing is going to dramatically change here for decades!! Crooked business men or not, they have already tried and failed to do anything with that land. I don't even see the RSPB rushing to buy it. It is unusable anyway for anything other than a bit of remote wilderness private or otherwise. And even the bits of rope and string put up to show the boundary has already been removed where the public right of way exists!! They beat me to it!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hopefully, crooked businessmen etc won`t be able to get (under very strange circumstances) planning permission to build on it. 

I would imagine with the pub next door, they must have domestic services etc nearby, and with the pub being there, they may try and claim that a precedence has been set for further development?.  I know it`s highly unlikely, but never say never.

The pub has it's own cesspit that hasn't had any work done on it for ages. There is no proper mains water, the water was always drawn from a bore hole and wasn't suitable for drinking hence the brown staining that always appeared in the urinals and toilets. When boiled it was suitable for washing and cooking and that was it. The electric supply is iffy at best. There is no gas and no post service or rubbish collection. That is as far as services go for the pub. The land for sale has none of that, not even land access of it's own at the moment!!! This is the most certain I have been about anything. It WILL NEVER get developed!!!

• Like 1

If you look at the picture below, the green line I have painted is the river bank flood defence and public right of way. There is nothing usable to the right of the line and mainly reeds and drainage ditch to the left of the line. The twin dotted line is the permissive track you need to build your own access to over the drainage ditch and reeds. Look closely and you will see a small rectangle bottom left just outside the area for sale. That is where boats are currently moored on the mud, and whilst not a good mooring, is the best along that area until you get to the quay heading outside the pub.

IMG-7853-4-large.thumb.jpg.78e142f58576b625e9247c1258037e73.jpg

• Like 3