Dayboat In York Anyone?

NorfolkNog

2 minutes ago, Boaters said:

Did that stretch when we bought a boat fron Naburn and then brought it back to the Brovads .it originally  came from Wroxham. Nice river  ,but like the Broads best.Would not see much  in half an hour ,for £40 ouch

No - I can see half an hour makes sense on a rowing lake, but I think in York I'd spend the extra £10 for the other half hour.

• Like 2

I was in York all day last Thursday...it rained!  I like York when it rains with one exception...short people with umbrellas. It was my bi-monthly trip to drop Ellie off for various perfume related meetings, while I mooch around historical monuments, museums, archaeology departments and conservators 'nosying' and cadging free cups of tea. Tea only, no beer, as I have to drive home in the evening and museums are famous for crap coffee. My biggest disappointment is the closure of my tobacconist by Clifford's Tower (I have to find a new source of tobacco and cigars now) and the cakes in Patisserie Valerie are nowhere near the quality they were earlier in the year! 

Best place for a York day boat is at Bishopthorpe. There is a campsite and boatyard right by the Bishop's palace where you can hire a boat for a full or half day or there are what seem to be some ex-Richardsons cruisers available for longer 'breaks'.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Timbo said:

Best place for a York day boat is at Bishopthorpe. There is a campsite and boatyard right by the Bishop's palace where you can hire a boat for a full or half day or there are what seem to be some ex-Richardsons cruisers available for longer 'breaks

grand stretch of river as well!!

http://www.yorkmarine.co.uk/

• Like 2

I a man sure York marine used to hire for the week had a few ex broads ads cruisers used to able to get up to Ripon.

Day boat hire is expensive in York, if you want to see the river get on one  of the tour boats cheaper and normally with refreshments.

• Like 2