3 Rivers Race 2021

TheQ

An email from the club informs me that there is a one way system onto the club island. On to the Island via the Pontoon/floating bridge, Off the Island via the up and over green steel bridge.

Only those too infirm to use the steel bridge are to use the Pontoon to leave the island.

Also please any non competitors DO NOT go onto the Island before the boats depart up river before the start, IE not before 10:50..

Oh the forecast has totally changed round,, They're now forecasting a southerly for most of the race.. Still light winds.. In other words i think they're guessing.

just get out there and sail and see what happens..

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Moonraker did well then, to beat a punt "over the water"!

After the punt finished, the next boat was 8 hours later

Needless to say my galley shift 7-10 was a tad busy and I finished at 1.30!

Afternoon I think..

The WiFi was really flakey outside the building at Hickling SC, so I couldn't do the hourly posts I intended, so I recorded them in MS office on this tablet..

Over 1000 words typed,  then this morning as I was about to copy and post I hit the wrong button.. lost the lot.. Ok click undo... What happened.. an advert from MS please get MS 365.. no undo..lost the lot permanently.. impressed I am not. I will be loading an alternative when my brain is functioning again. 

So here's the high lights as edited by a befuddled brain that's has 1.5 hours sleep in the last 34...

08:00 ish note all times are ish.

Arrive Hickling SC, carefully drive through lines of dinghies to as close as I can get to unload Landrover, that took over half an hour.

Then get out one of their rescue boats loaned to us, a new one very good it was too.

09:00 go depth finding with paddle to find nearest point to club with 4ft 6inches depth minimum.

Plonk buoy in.

Told I could swing floating pontoons out if I wanted.. unfortunately they're been tied hard on  when the water level was higher, it took nearly an hour of tugging prising etc the undo the knots just for one section. Gave up with the rest.

Sat back to wait for the guardship

And waited...

and waited....

and waited...

then got message They're aground..

so went to the rescue.

found them near entrance to Hickling broad, they had a fouled prop, and drifted of outside the deep water channel. Eventually towed them to the SC. Martham boats sent their men, but couldn't sort it their they'll collect it tomorrow.

14:00 ish first boat, a punt which had not done the short legs, two other boats followed shortly after .

not much happend until 17:00, then the first boats that had not done the short legs but had been to stokesby.

main mass of boats from 19:00 to midnight, then numbers faded until last boat at 03:45.

had to wait until 06:00 ish till permission granted to pack up.

07:00 left site.

Dropped off crew at Martham as their car was there.

Horning just in time to see "A rater" finish, never seen that before, they're normally long since tucked up in bed.

Unloaded landrover, breakfast!!!

When I left, of the 116 entries, 20, did not start, 5 had finished 3 were tacking up the street, and there were 47 retirements..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

ABEA16BE-72E3-40AD-AEBE-DEA6D51C2534.jpeg

Yeoman start, as a yeoman sailor myself I can recognise the boats just by the colour of the spinnakers, Roger obviously had a good start..

Yeoman like strong winds , if any managed to finish I'll be surprised.

• Like 2

Copied from HSC FB page. Hope the links work

You can now see the 2021 60th Yachtmaster Insurance Three Rivers Race results and Trophy list on the HSC website 

Results: https://data.horning-sailing.club/media/downloads/3rr_results_2021.pdf
Trophy List: https://data.horning-sailing.club/media/downloads/60th_Yachtmaster_Insurance_Three_Rivers_Race_Trophy_List.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1