4th July Herbert Woods Busy

FairTmiddlin

2 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Just been on Herbie Woods Webcam looks like a busy day, even boats double moored on the river.

Saw about 4 go out at ten this morning, so people starting really early.

I think you will find they have 89 boats going out over 3 days this weekend.        They certainly are getting them out.  Good to see families wearing masks and being careful.

Gladdens my heart to see the boats going out once more.   I know we all take a risk but life has to go on and you have to be very careful.

Snip taken at 3 this afternoon.

Very Busy.PNG

• Like 2

Not sure of his source, but my brother in law told me this morning that they'd let some leave last night. Apparently they were due a Friday start and were told initially to stay in the yard but were then told they could leave. As I say, not sure on the accuracy of that, nor the source.

4 minutes ago, MaceSwinger said:

Not sure of his source, but my brother in law told me this morning that they'd let some leave last night. Apparently they were due a Friday start and were told initially to stay in the yard but were then told they could leave. As I say, not sure on the accuracy of that, nor the source.

Oh dear hope your post is removed as could get HW in a lot of trouble.      

Not necessarily, they could argue that they could be slept in a minute past midnight. Maybe not strictly illegal but not in the spirit of the guidance. I bet there have been some pubs opening just after midnight. Again very dodgy but not illegal. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Too late, you want to see the nonsense being spouted in another place.

My first reaction was negative but stepping back and rethinking,  although twisting (not breaking) the rules, it keeps the rush at the boatyard down with better social distancing  and was in fact a sensible move.

Fred

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

It came past me at 17:10. First ones left at 8:55am I am told. 

They must have been going against the tide all the way to Yarmouth. And got there a bit after high tide. 

No problem with flat batteries then :default_icon_e_surprised:

(presume they must have been an early leaver- could have set off Friday night, but even so a fair clog) 

31 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

They must have been going against the tide all the way to Yarmouth. And got there a bit after high tide. 

No problem with flat batteries then :default_icon_e_surprised:

(presume they must have been an early leaver- could have set off Friday night, but even so a fair clog) 

not necessarily, if they were out last night they could have drifted down to Stracey or Stokesby on last nights ebb and through Yarmouth on this morning's slack. 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 15:10, Hylander said:

the post will not get anyone in to trouble. If anyone had done wrong gets in to trouble then it will be there own decisions and actions that is the cause, not the reporting of it.

• Like 1