Day Boats Or Bumper Cars?

Moored on the staithe at Horning so we could meet some friends who live locally, I'm not sure if my legs can take anymore...done nothing but fend off crazy dayboats!...there's like bloody Wasps!...

We went to Brinks for a pump out as I was coming to moor at the front two bloody day boat cut up on the inside!

I had to abort and come in again!

Two of the Brinks yard guys just shook their heads in apparent disbelief!

However, I’m sure they’ve seen it all before!

Some of these people hiring day boats  have no idea!

WHOAH, hang on a minute.

Ok, people hire dayboats with no knowledge of boating lore or boating law. they are just out there enjoying themselves. Do we want them? YES WE DO. They will be the next generation of folk using and defending the broads. Dayboats are not responsible for much damage. They will be responsible for the future of the broads. Which weighs heavier?

The broads is where many of us learned our boatcraft quite possibly starting with dayboats, a picnic and the resources to build a hangover. Let it ever be so.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, tim said:

We went to Brinks for a pump out as I was coming to moor at the front two bloody day boat cut up on the inside!

I had to abort and come in again!

Two of the Brinks yard guys just shook their heads in apparent disbelief!

However, I’m sure they’ve seen it all before!

Some of these people hiring day boats  have no idea!

The problem is, the folk on the day boats had no idea that you were coming in for a pump out,  to their mind you were just something else on the river at the time.        I dont suppose they meant any harm and probably afterwards they thought oh dear shouldn't have done that.       We have all done silly things on the river over the years and felt a right numpty.    It is the way you learn.

• Like 3

Guest Jayfire
11 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Which am I?

Don't worry Eminem, I resided darn sarf without an invite, I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms. Besides, you're camouflaged to blend in discreetly with the fields and trees :default_biggrin: