Edp

vanessan

Is anybody having trouble in viewing the EDP online? I get the usual cookie page come up but a second page comes up immediately concerning how much they value our privacy (!) and I can’t get rid of it and move on. There’s an instruction to ‘click below’ but there’s nowt there to click on! Any ideas?

Not to worry...I use a spoof headline generator and found it to be more accurate and entertaining!  

Man Found Having Tea Party With Moose Again.

And Other Headlines
by Uncle Albert

Local Headlines

Man Found Having Tea Party With Moose Again.

Old Boat Likely To Win Village Show

Local Man Wins Cauliflower Growing Contest For the Third Time

Woman With Grubby Tattoo Arrested for 37th Time

Viral Photo of Moose Had Been Photoshopped

Local man Set to Fly Out and Help With Tidal Wave Relief Effort

Man Buys Knickers For Low Income Local Family

National Headlines

Moose Catches Train Across Country

Man Jailed For Threatening Wife With Old Boat

New Variety of Cauliflower Set to Revolutionise Our Eating Habits

Man With Grubby Tattoo Suspected of Art Theft

Small Tidal Wave Forcast in Northern Regions

Pink Knickers Are the Latest Big Trend Says Top Fashion Designer

International Headlines

Pink Moose Escapes From Florida Zoo

Norfolk Broads Voted Nicest Place to Live in the World

The World's Biggest Cauliflower Measuring Over 1m

Grubby Tattoos Banned in North Korea

Tidal Wave Causes Devastation

Knickers Linked to Global Health Scare

• Haha 4

Timbo's mention of knickers brought back some memories. I used to work for a company called Parasol, visiting shops across Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex and photographing little children by the thousand. One quaint ladies shop in Attleborough, Green's,  had me smirking as when I arrived to set up my studio I couldn't help but notice open crutch knickers on display in the window. Wahay, what sort of shop was I working in for a week? Me being me I couldn't resist asking the very straight laced proprietress whether they were a big seller in Attleborough. Oh yes, in the summer, my lady customers like to keep cool! One of her sales assistants did confide in me by saying that Mrs Green wasn't aware of what she was actually selling, but she did sell many dozens of them! Perhaps I should submit that to the EDP.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, HEM said:

Nowadays you'd be arrested for that  :default_biggrin:

No laughing matter! I would treat the children as my own, pick them up, play with them, indeed be totally familiar with them. I had a matter of seconds to win them over, to gain mum's confidence, to produce a picture that would sell, to do that I had to win a smile, even a laugh. I had to be their friend and to make them mine. It was a great way to make a living. More than once I helped mum with her baby, changing nappies even. Being a child portrait photographer was more about being a people person, being totally at ease with children, than it was about being a photographer. 

• Like 2