Wiper Blade Identification

Looking at the way it’s attached to the sweeping arm , any blade of equivalent length could be attached in the same way , alternatively just buy the rubber (or silicon) blade and replace that .

if it was me however I would visit a scrap yard and buy replacement arm and blade which would be attached in the more traditional manner , if the angle is off you can bent the arm over a piece of wood to shape 

My princess had a very similar angle adjustment setup so maybe an out of the box job, blade fitting looks normal universal type.

I changed mine for pantograph arms and got a much bigger swept area.

The scrappie idea is probably a no-go as most cars have a motor attached to the arms by a linkage under the bonnet, would be very messy on a boat, unless you can find a cable setup and get a longer cable so the motor sits below deck somewhere, you need the right sweep angle as well to get the best blade size/swept area.

By the way, and for general information, a company called Tex Automotive manufacture quite a range of wiper blades and replacement arms, all in stainless steel, for the classic car market. Many of these arms and blades will fit marine applications meaning nice stainless bits rather than the painted black Halfords specials...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

By the way, and for general information, a company called Tex Automotive manufacture quite a range of wiper blades and replacement arms, all in stainless steel, for the classic car market. Many of these arms and blades will fit marine applications meaning nice stainless bits rather than the painted black Halfords specials...

Just had a look , lovely and excellent prices , will be measuring up Cerise Lady for three new arms/blades next week 

I agree with others that it's a bodge. I would say it's been done that way to allow the fitting of later, more universal type wiper blades as the plastic clip fitting and black wiper give it away. Easiest replacement would be to take the clip and wiper to Halfords to get the exact same. Get some matt black paint while you're there and hide the bodge a bit. :default_biggrin:

Hi Its a conversion from 60's chromed hooked ridged blade to latter 80's straight pin blade,  is your arm held onto wiper motor shaft a plain spindel very earlier or does it have a splined drum whare arm fits on, latter motors have a tapered splined drum with nut on top Brain Ward at Brundall should be able to help or ASAP at Beccles. pity you didn't ask a year ago i threw a draw full out,  of blades,  arm's,  conversion from spindle to drum kits ect, depending on spindel you could change arm to latter one for which you can still get blades for or just replace the rubber insert, boats only have flat screens and your hardley going to do 70mh on motorway, or if you must have a chromed wiper arm and blade vintage car suppliers is place to go. John