My Life In The Kitchen(s).

Chelsea14Ian

We have ninja foodi smart lid. Does five different things one of which is air fry. When you get used to it very good and saves loads of power. 

Recommend the larger one as the foot print is the same for all of these but the hight is restrictive on the smaller one. 

We roast joints and whole chicken in ours.

Plugs into a 13 amp socket and cooks right through faster than our fan oven

That and a stack up steamer on one small ring for veg and dinner sorted.

Kindest Regards 

Marge and Parge 

• Like 2

Never used one,apart from the cooker I have a blender,a microwave,food mixer. No air fryers  or slow cookers.Thats not to say I disagree with there use.If it suits you and you find it useful 👍. That's great.I grow up in the sixties  when there wasn't as many kitchen aides.Over the years they increased not only in domestic but also in professional kitchens.Many of which made life easier for cooks.

• Thanks 1

Chefs and Cooks are the same really.Chefs have there roots in Monastery's.Some monks would wear hats.Later Chefs uniforms were and still are white the hat was changed  from monks hats to the white ones.Cooks often worked in private homes.

I'm  a Chef I was classical French trained. In my early days working in hotels most menus were French and a little Italian food.Cooks are often as  skilled  as Chefs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We are the same,it's just where,how we were trained. Example Mary Berry(sorry Queen Mary) is a cook.And what a cook,self taught. Better then some Chefs.

I think she said that she was trained as what they used to term a ‘home economist’.