Christmas Tv

MauriceMynah

57 minutes ago, AndyTBoater said:

Not so much a resto as a complete repurposing of a Mini 1000

Its still not finished but I am massively excited to see it done. 

Andy I agree one of the most witty pairs on YT. I think this is possibly what makes the episodes go so quickly, all 43 of them and it's not painted yet, nor has anything attached to the body.

On 02/01/2021 at 12:51, SteveO said:

You have to view some of the YouTube "resto" videos with suspicion. I have a feeling that some of the things they restore are subject to artificial neglect beforehand to make them look worse than they really are. With electrical equipment, a lot of the  "restoration" seems to be more about cleaning the item up and adding a load of brand new bits.  All still very entertaining though.

There was a series in America where they take your car without you knowing it and return it fully customized within a week.

Turns out that the parts used was not the best, the cheapest sponsor ones and the car returned was usually not the same one that left due to the car needing too much work so it was easier to get one less damaged.

To add insult to injury, some cars actually lost market value due to the work done. 

It got better, as the paint work aged, it bubbled up. The filler used on panels fell out and chassis parts parted due to incomplete welds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Cheesey69 said:

There was a series in America where they take your car without you knowing it and return it fully customized within a week.

Turns out that the parts used was not the best, the cheapest sponsor ones and the car returned was usually not the same one that left due to the car needing too much work so it was easier to get one less damaged.

To add insult to injury, some cars actually lost market value due to the work done. 

It got better, as the paint work aged, it bubbled up. The filler used on panels fell out and chassis parts parted due to incomplete welds.

"Pimp my Ride" - a bit like "Changing Rooms" but for cars. I remember it well. 

• Like 1