National Parks Commemorative Issue

ChrisB

Sadly mostly  not.You can take them when able to a stamp shop.They can give a rough value. For many years I used to collect  stamps.Sadly it got to a point  when I no longer collected, I sold them for very little money. That said the fun is the collecting and comparing with other countries. In this day and age of gaming,social  media etc.I wonder how many collect any more.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I think those are rather lovely. Maybe I should start collecting first day covers. My dad used to get them for us as children. I’ve still got some somewhere. I wonder whether any of them are collector’s items now.

Philately will get you nowhere.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

I think those are rather lovely. Maybe I should start collecting first day covers. My dad used to get them for us as children. I’ve still got some somewhere. I wonder whether any of them are collector’s items now.

But not with these as first day was last month. I think JM posted reference to these back in December.

• Thanks 1

my uncle used to have the seafront post round at deal, it was his job to take the first day covers and fibreglass postbox out to the goodwin sands, where they were posted, collected and franked before they made the trip back. for his trouble he had a copy of every first day cover posted from the goodwin sands.- another great tradition lost, like the cricket matches they held there.

• Like 2
  • Love 1