Moving To Norfolk No

Andrewcook

We have a Lidl in Beccles.    I went there just the once when it first opened,  took what I thought was a right hand turn into the car park and unfortunately although there was a slope down to the road as soon as I had began my journey into the car park I realised to my horror that no it was not the entrance at all, despite there being no cars park across this part , there was a dirty great big kerb waiting for the underside of my car , I took it very slowly and managed without doing any damage to get into the car park.   I was outside my car trying to look underneath to see the damage and ascertaining whether or not it was worth going home to all the grief I would get for being so darned stupid, when all of a sudden a delivery driver came through the same 'entrance' , although on this occasion he went over said kerb like a ding back and there was an awful crunching noise.   He then got out and started to inspect the underneath of his van.  It was like something out of a comedy sketch.      I then realised where the correct entrance is.

Bit of advice to anyone moving to Norfolk or on the edge of it as Beccles is,  realise that it is an 'overcoat colder' up here and oh boy do we get some icy blasts.   Apart from the fact that the locals where I live took 10 years to speak to me everything is lovely.   I think we are now accepted , although some still blank me when I say good morning.    Having no family near is also a concern as we are both cracking on now.

• Like 2

On 07/03/2021 at 10:52, JennyMorgan said:

Come off it, Andy, there's Beeston Hills near Cromer, surely that's enough for you? As for embryo mountains, plenty of mole hills to work with.

It's a Bump, Peter, and you know it. The Bascule Bridge just down from you is higher when it's open! :-)

• Love 1