Moving To Norfolk No

Andrewcook

10 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

How long has Tesco been in Beccles?

We had our boat in Beccles and sold it three years ago and I am sure Tesco's were there up to two

years prior to that.  :default_beerchug:

15 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

. . . .as well as three very fine, independent butchers, Seppings being my first choice . . . .

I usually go to Chambers (the butchers next to Boots) when we’re in the area.  Always good and usually some banter with the staff!!

I couldn’t afford to live near Beccles, as much as I like the place.  There is some mysterious force that draws the wife into the needlecraft shop on Smallgate that has serious consequences to the contents of my wallet!!

12 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

There is some mysterious force that draws the wife into the needlecraft shop on Smallgate that has serious consequences to the contents of my wallet!!

I know it only to well! My wife is also seriously into needlecraft. 

6 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Beccles has unfortunately lost Beales which was always good to have a wander around. Plenty of food stores what with Tesco, Morrison’s, Aldi, Lidl and the Coop. Probably some I don’t know about too! 

Can't remember an Aldi in Beccles? but there is also Roys and B&M. Oh and Iceland.

There is both Avenue Angling and Angling Direct, Beccles is good to us anglers.

If Tilney's gun shop is open, fairly rare, pop in and meet Mr Tilney, star of Antiques Road Show, nice bloke.  Very keen on muzzle loaders so just a bit before 'Griff's' time. 

• Haha 1

well I dont know what everyone else has noticed, but since Covid I have found it easier to get doctors appointments that before, this last year I have had probably more actual visits to the surgery than in the previous 10 years, most to see the nurse for blood tests or just health checks, I have had a few telephone consultations too. the streamlining of the system and the avoidance of people calling in to the doctor has seemingly freed up a lot of the system to a point where you can get an appointment, ok you may need a telephone consultation first. 

11 hours ago, vanessan said:

Beccles has unfortunately lost Beales which was always good to have a wander around. Plenty of food stores what with Tesco, Morrison’s, Aldi, Lidl and the Coop. Probably some I don’t know about too! 

If you walk past the yacht station and the builders merchants you can et o Morrisons, a good walk but nearer than walking to Tesco, ideal if you do not want to walk into the town centre.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

If you walk past the yacht station and the builders merchants you can et o Morrisons, a good walk but nearer than walking to Tesco, ideal if you do not want to walk into the town centre.

Been there done that got a nice folding trolley for the boat, easier than walking uphill into town

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Meantime said:

Can't remember an Aldi in Beccles? but there is also Roys and B&M. Oh and Iceland.

I forgot Roys and B&M! Aldi is near B&M I think. All in all Beccles has a lot more going for it than a lot of market towns. Definitely one of the places I love visiting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I am not a fan of Morrison’s in Beccles for some reason although I do like their produce. It may be something to do with the layout of the store. Also, I don’t feel safe anymore crossing that road near the roundabout but that’s an age thing! Mooring at the Lido is a much better bet and closer to the town centre. 

34 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Mooring at the Lido is a much better bet and closer to the town centre. 

Once I did park there and on return I found that I was hemmed in between poorly parked 4X4s and the second time I took one look and gave it a miss. Fortunately I know those nice people at Galleon so now park there.

Aldi in Beccles, I just checked on-line, can't find it. We have two in Lowestoft but personally I prefer Lidl.

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Aldi in Beccles, I just checked on-line, can't find it. We have two in Lowestoft but personally I prefer Lidl.

I checked online too and I can’t find it either! I must have dreamt it, I felt sure it was somewhere near the B&M store. Must go to Specsavers.........🤓

1 minute ago, vanessan said:

I checked online too and I can’t find it either! I must have dreamt it, I felt sure it was somewhere near the B&M store. Must go to Specsavers.........🤓

Now your really in trouble! There's not one of those either in Beccles :default_rofl:

• Haha 2