Counting To The Days

Andrewcook

Guest Jayfire

I'm not sure where I've got up to with these updates but....

The Reedcutter - Cantley

Will not open April 12th, but as things stand plan to reopen in May if Covid timeliness remains as it is now

The Bell Inn - St Olaves

Will be reopening on April 12th

Mon – Sunday 11am – 7.30pm for both dining and drinking with a closing time of 9.30pm and now offering BBQ cuisine when the sun is out and a marquee is being ererecteto provide both shelter or shade when needed.

Whilst accepting walk-ins they STRONGLY advise booking on their online booking system where you can book your table for for a 3 hour slot.

https://bellinn9he.touchreservation.net/reservation

Bridge Inn- Acle

Reopening 12th APRIL for outside dining and drinks. Open from 11.00am till dusk and taking bookings for a newly built and well lit patio area which has a generous amount of seating

WEEKDAYS - A limited food menu will be available from 12.00pm till 2.30pm and again 5.00pm-7.30pm

WEEKENDS - Food is available from 12.00pm - 7.30pm Saturday & Sunday!

Outside will not be in use if it’s raining

Just a suggestion - should we try to keep this thread reasonably clear so Fireman Sam (or anyone else for that matter) could update us on pub openings as this is really useful information and handy to have in one place. 

Unless Mr Grendel feels like setting up a 'sticky' thread but that might be a big ask :default_biggrin:

Guest Jayfire

Cross Keys - Dilham

Opening 12th April

Due to limited tables outside booking is essential And will be running a reduced menu until fully open

Guest Jayfire

Ferry Inn - Stokesby

Reopening outside space and offering full takeaway menu service from the 12th April

Open everyday from 8am-10pm, food available all day everyday as well as full drinks menu. They are not taking bookings so you can just turn up and find a table, they have no permanent shelter in the garden but if the weather is bad you may take your meals and drinks back to your boat/home/holiday let

Moorings are first come first served and are not bookable and subject to a (non redeemable) fee if staying overnight

Full menu available online at

https://www.theferryinnstokesby.co.uk/

Breakfast menu, Gluten free and vegan options to be added in the next few days

The Maltsters- Ranworth

Opening 12th April with new heated outdoor seating area

Taken from Martham boats website, has something changed as I thought from April the 12th overnight stays were possible.  

These are unprecidented times, and just a  few days ago we were focusing on preparing ourselves to deliver safe, boating holidays to our guests. We have continued to monitor the situation and the Government advice closely, always mindful of our duty to protect our staff, our guests and our local community. Over the last 48 hours there has been an increasing and understandable concern in local communities towards holiday visitors, and the government has re-stated guidance that there should be no unnecessary or non essential travel. The non-essential travel guidance now includes the following statement  "...visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

Therefore, it is now clear to us that the government guidance precludes guests from travelling to us and has thereby effectively temporarily suspended our boating holidays operation. We will be contacting guests with bookings in the coming weeks in order to try to find alternative dates for holidays later on in the year, and we will endeavour to do this each week for those holidays that are 6 weeks out if you have not sought to contact us first. For the moment the yard will remain open for boat repairs and launching although this will remain under review on a daily basis.

Please understand that this decision has been made as an absolute last resort in the public interest, and the effect on our staff as well as our suppliers will be considerable. We thank them all for their efforts and will do all that we can to restore normal service as soon as it is safe to do so.

We will continue to monitor the scientific and government advice in the coming weeks and will publish updates on our website and social media accounts. 

Guest Jayfire

It got a little disorganised from updates so I've tidied it up below. Be aware that some are offering reservations via websites and some are happy with walk ins. It is all subject to change at short notice too so if planning a visit it is best to double check beforehand

Monday 12th April

North

Rising Sun, Coltishall 

Recruiting Sergeant, Coltishall

Kings Head, Hoveton

Fur & Feather's, Woodbastwick

The Maltsters, Ranworth

Swan Inn, Horning

Bridge Inn, Acle

Ferry Inn, Stokesby

Cross Keys, Dilham

The Greyhound, Hickling 

Swan Inn, Stalham

South

The Fat Cat And Canary, Thorpe

The River Garden, Thorpe

The Townhouse, Thorpe

Waters Edge, Brammerton

Coldham Hall, Brundall

Kings Head, Loddon

The Loddon Swan, Loddon

The White Horse, Chedgrave

The Bell Inn, St Olaves

Commodore, Oulton Broad

Wednesday 14th 

New Inn, Horning

Saturday 17th April

Dukes Head, Somerleyton (Saturday's & Sunday's only)

1st May 

Nelson Head, Horsey

17th May

The Reedcutter, Cantley

21st May

The Angel, Loddon

39 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

Taken from Martham boats website, has something changed as I thought from April the 12th overnight stays were possible.  

These are unprecidented times, and just a  few days ago we were focusing on preparing ourselves to deliver safe, boating holidays to our guests. We have continued to monitor the situation and the Government advice closely, always mindful of our duty to protect our staff, our guests and our local community. Over the last 48 hours there has been an increasing and understandable concern in local communities towards holiday visitors, and the government has re-stated guidance that there should be no unnecessary or non essential travel. The non-essential travel guidance now includes the following statement  "...visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

Therefore, it is now clear to us that the government guidance precludes guests from travelling to us and has thereby effectively temporarily suspended our boating holidays operation. We will be contacting guests with bookings in the coming weeks in order to try to find alternative dates for holidays later on in the year, and we will endeavour to do this each week for those holidays that are 6 weeks out if you have not sought to contact us first. For the moment the yard will remain open for boat repairs and launching although this will remain under review on a daily basis.

Please understand that this decision has been made as an absolute last resort in the public interest, and the effect on our staff as well as our suppliers will be considerable. We thank them all for their efforts and will do all that we can to restore normal service as soon as it is safe to do so.

We will continue to monitor the scientific and government advice in the coming weeks and will publish updates on our website and social media accounts. 

I think you are quoting an update from 23 March 2020

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Thanks for that JF. It could do with it's own thread really - not sure if that could be done? Very useful information :default_icon_bowdown:

No problem Mr Nog, there are more looking very likely but I'm trying to wait for the "official" confirmation of each pub

Guest Jayfire
9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Is that the order you plan to visit them all on the 12th JF?

Not sure about an order Smoggy, but whenever I pass out once the pubs reopen on the 12th, if I come round at any point within the following week I just didn't try hard enough

Oh well, practice practice practice:default_drinks:

Fine establishment. It's a bit of a hoof either from Thorpe or Norwich YS.

Well worth a visit and the beer is superb. It's on a main bus route though so not difficult if you don't fancy the walk. Was the Mustard Pot (former Adnams pub) bought by Colin Keatly and done out in Fat Cat style - red and black paint and chess board floor. Very popular now though and a stop off for Norwich fans as Carrow Road isn't too far away. Highly recommended. 

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

The Fat Cat And Canary, Thorpe

Only about a mile from Thorpe/Commissioner's Cut Helen as you head towards Norwich and around the same from Norwich YS, so very walkable for those without mobility problems. It is along the main road though so not sure Seren would like the walk so much

2 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

It is along the main road though so not sure Seren would like the walk so much

Pavements are a bit narrow in places but a pleasant walk. I believe all the 'Cats' are dog friendly and there's lots of room to sit outside as well.  :default_beerchug:

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Pavements are a bit narrow in places but a pleasant walk

Depends if you're going for a cheeky one by yourself and have plenty of room on the pavement or you're having your ear chewed off because you're treating the lady and letting her walk there with you...Still it gives you an excuse if you get fed up of being spoken at and you happen to nudge her off of the kerb into the traffic :default_norty:

Guest Jayfire

Nonsense Helen? Moi??

I may have to endure months of the cold shoulder and being ignored, but on the positive side it gives my ear a rest from being spoken at 🤣

I jest of course, I love never getting a word edgeways and she so pretty :default_hiding:

The pubs in Reedham seem to be keeping a low profile. I would have thought the Ship at least would have enough space in the garden to be worth opening? Perhaps one you could keep an eye on for us Mr Fire sir?? :default_icon_bowdown:  (plus I do believe we have a couple of Reedham locals) :default_biggrin:

I've been looking the the Fur and Feather. It looks as if you can book tables already but I wonder if the inference is that they expect you to dine? Looks very food orientated. If we roll up and ask for a gallon of Norfolk Nog and a vat of gin for Mrs N I wonder if they would serve us?