Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I thought that when I saw the photos! Hopefully you enjoyed the fun of "giving it the beans" on Breydon 🙂.

Yes it was fun, though we'll probably revert to our usual bimble across when doing the crossing by ourselves. Cheaper on fuel and we like watching the wading birds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Yes it was fun, though we'll probably revert to our usual bimble across when doing the crossing by ourselves. Cheaper on fuel and we like watching the wading birds. 

There is a sentence somewhere that says " I was just trying to get there before we ran out of fuel ":default_biggrin:

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Haha 3

We did Beccles to Rockland St Mary today, with a doggy walk stopover at North Cove en route.

It's been the most glorious cruising day. Temperature wise like the most perfect summer's day, not too hot but hot enough. I think we got up to 24 degrees mid afternoon.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

We did Beccles to Rockland St Mary today, with a doggy walk stopover at North Cove en route.

It's been the most glorious cruising day. Temperature wise like the most perfect summer's day, not too hot but hot enough. I think we got up to 24 degrees mid afternoon.

Sounds like an amazing day, Helen, makes me wish I was still there.

• Like 1

Rockland Dyke was one of our favourite spots when Thunder was moored down south.

last time we visited we moored in pretty much that spot 👍🏻

and the hireboat moored next to us had thrown its engine oil all around the engine bay. It was a bit of mess😬

10 hours ago, Matt said:

last time we visited we moored in pretty much that spot 👍🏻

and the hireboat moored next to us had thrown its engine oil all around the engine bay. It was a bit of mess😬

We did that once when we hired. At last it teaches you to make sure to relocate the dip stick properly!

The main problem was that we did it at Dilham, where the phone signal was non existent. I had to walk half way to Stalham in the pouring rain before I could phone NBD. 

57 minutes ago, grendel said:

We should be crossing  on this afternoons  tide  too.

We think we'll pootle it this time. 😊

I have a new camera lens and Google pixel phone want to see how they fare taking shots of wildlife on Breydon. The zooms on them  probably aren't powerful enough, but I don't know until I try. 

• Like 1

We made it back to our home mooring at HPC yesterday evening, arriving after sunset but whilst it was still light. We had to punch the tide up the Bure because low tide was an hour later than forecast (according to the Aweigh App anyway), but took it at a steady 5mph or so. We could have moored at Stracey Arms or the Broads Bank moorings at Acle, but we

wanted to get bread and a few other bits and pieces.

When we got back to Horning we popped in the car to Roy's. So now I have bread and bacon. I've been hankering for a bacon buttie since we moored at Beccles and we're subjected to the aroma of frying bacon.

Quite a lot of interesting activity at HPC this morning, with a boat lift going on, plus another in the background at Boulter's.

PXL_20231011_072529361.thumb.jpg.ac0be398dbb052bf5f7c57c82652edeb.jpg

Dogs have had breakfast with Pozzie being very vocal, as usual, about his impatience whilst Graham prepared their brekkie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry for not posting for the last few days. Wednesday we went up the Ant to Neatishead, where I had no signal. Thursday we returned to our home mooring, with a doggy walk stop-off at How Hill. Today, cleaning the boat and returning home day.

We were later leaving than usual, though we had a deadline for completing our cleaning. I had arranged with Malcolm (Mouldy…our Syndicate Chair) that we would meet up with the lady who is going to be making up new curtains and re upholstery for our cabins, so that we could discuss choice of fabrics etc., so we were later leaving the boat than is usual for us. Before driving home we had lunch at The White Horse Upton. The drive home wasn’t great…driving rain for the whole trip.

At some point I will post the full tale. It will have to wait though. I have a choir rehearsal tomorrow afternoon, in preparation for a concert Sunday afternoon, and am playing organ in church Sunday morning. Busy weekend!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

It was supposed to be one that the dogs could use to tug between them. That didn't happen! 

Are you sure her second name isn’t Finlay? Known to wreck anything put in front of him except birds (thank goodness). 

Loved your tale for this trip. And enjoy your full on musical weekend. Hope retirement is settling in well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Hope retirement is settling in well. 

Not sure yet. A week at home, then a week on the boat, so no routine yet. We’ll probably have to go up to Anglesey next week, after the musical weekend, as we had a call from Graham Dad’s neighbour saying Dad’s not looking that well. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SwanR said:

The weather certainly turned this afternoon. Glad you got home ok. Hope the weekend goes well. And Graham's dad is ok too. 

Thanks Jean. It was the worst journey home from Norfolk that I remember. Driving rain most of the way with very poor visibility. At least we got home safely! 

• Like 1