Wood End Staithe

750XL

Hi all,

Does anybody have any recent (or past) experience accessing Wood End Staithe from Barton Broad?

Is it still accessible from the Broad? Understand it's tight down there but we're only 29ft... More concerned about going aground! 

Thanks

6 hours ago, marshman said:

Doubt you would have issues accessing the staithe but to me always feels hemmed in and not a lot to see -  mudweight just outside the dyke and enjoy the real beauty of the Broads. Always something going on yet tranquil!

I've always worried about mudweighting on Barton Broad. I know there's "safe" areas outside the markers, I just don't know where.

16 hours ago, 750XL said:

I've always worried about mudweighting on Barton Broad. I know there's "safe" areas outside the markers, I just don't know where.

Along either side outside the channel you've got around 6 feet until close to the edge

• Like 1

On old maps there is a second staithe marked further north, I think it was a another Catfield! Aerial photography ie Google satellite shows a depression in the reed bed but the entrance is not visible from the broad. I tried to find it a few years ago but failed. Does anyone know anything about the staithe and when it was last navigable. I am sure I rowed up in the 60/70s