Boat Purchase & Life Change

KrakenHunter

Hi with regards to the dates in NBS I would take some , not all with a pinch of salt. I could quote numerous examples where ages boat types etc are not correct and I am certainly not claiming to be an expert. For example I reviewed the Hoseasons brochures from 1988 and 1994 last night which confirms when the the Topliner 4 and 2 berths first appeared. The caravan boats were not however marketed by Hoseasons and were built earlier however not as early as 1987, they were subsequently rebuilt cc 1994 as 2 berths so the hull perhaps dates from 1991 and the rear cabin from 1994!

Neil

Hi Annv,

Thanks for the clarification, I am sure you are right regarding the insurance claim, the flop comment was based on a possibily wrong assumption that as they only lasted a couple of years that was the case. Goes to show you should n't make assumptions! 

Neil

Hi,

Good to see the Topliner with a caravan, ridiculous however Topcraft must have been one of the most innovative small yards around. Looking at the 1988 brochure for example they still had Lady of Leisure class which was a unique almost home made conversion of a Carribbean into a fly bridge cruiser.

Neil

Talking about Topcraft, 

In about 1973 Jimmy invented a portable pump out station that was all built into a trailer and towed behind a car/van to pump out these new fangled broads toilets that everyone was having to fit.

An engine mounted on the front of the tank provided the power for the pump to create a vacuum and it was job done. At the end of the day you reversed the pump and sent the tanks contents into the sewer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Captain said:

Hi with regards to the dates in NBS I would take some , not all with a pinch of salt. I could quote numerous examples where ages boat types etc are not correct and I am certainly not claiming to be an expert. For example I reviewed the Hoseasons brochures from 1988 and 1994 last night which confirms when the the Topliner 4 and 2 berths first appeared. The caravan boats were not however marketed by Hoseasons and were built earlier however not as early as 1987, they were subsequently rebuilt cc 1994 as 2 berths so the hull perhaps dates from 1991 and the rear cabin from 1994!

Neil

The hulls for the caravan boats were produced by Alpha Craft.

• Like 1

Drifting back to original questions briefly 😃 - Does anyone have any experience of Brundall Bay marina? It looks good to me online.. 🥴 😝 

I will be looking for a mooring thats either ideally located to a pub and shop or has a club house somewhere to get a pint and somewhere with clean and tidy / decent showers and is secure..

Not to sound snobby but will not be too fussed about the difference between £200 & £300 each month as I have this covered from a rental, the cleanliness and location as above is important to me, I dont really want to be surrounded by hire boats which is why Brundall in the south appealed and the bistro looked good 🥴 🦞 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 

Yes I know I need to go and see for myself 😃 

TIA,

Ben,

9 hours ago, KrakenHunter said:

Drifting back to original questions briefly 😃 - Does anyone have any experience of Brundall Bay marina? It looks good to me online.. 🥴 😝 

I will be looking for a mooring thats either ideally located to a pub and shop or has a club house somewhere to get a pint and somewhere with clean and tidy / decent showers and is secure..

Not to sound snobby but will not be too fussed about the difference between £200 & £300 each month as I have this covered from a rental, the cleanliness and location as above is important to me, I dont really want to be surrounded by hire boats which is why Brundall in the south appealed and the bistro looked good 🥴 🦞 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 

Yes I know I need to go and see for myself 😃 

TIA,

Ben,

Brundall Bay’s full mate. A lot of places are just now. There’s possibly one at Cove, and Willow might have one shortly. Or there’s Tingdene. Not much else on the southern side just now.

Just now, BelgianExile said:

Brundall Bay’s full mate. A lot of places are just now. There’s possibly one at Cove, and Willow might have one shortly. Or there’s Tingdene. Not much else on the southern side just now.

I’m talking rubbish but can’t work out how to edit on a phone! Brundall Gardens is full, not Brundall Bay! Sorry…