What Do You Have In Your Workshop ?

Bikertov

1 hour ago, mikeyboy1966 said:

I’ve been thinning the pack down,saving pennies for a nice cruiser,

still got this one though.:default_biggrin:

0BB9E933-3526-49D9-A161-7F7E498E2E83.jpeg

That I like! Always been a sucker for a trailie, I missed out on a guzzi v65 trailie going cheap once.

Still got an xt600e in the garage keeping the tdm company.

45 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

That I like! Always been a sucker for a trailie, I missed out on a guzzi v65 trailie going cheap once.

Still got an xt600e in the garage keeping the tdm company.

Could be tempted to part with it:default_biggrin:

these boats don’t come cheap ,it would appear:default_crying1animated:

• 4 weeks later...

ooh dear, honest it followed me home, yesterday an old friend called me, it must be 15 years since we last met, but he asked me if I wanted a mill, well the opportunity was too good to miss so I went the 3 miles to his house, we spent a few hours catching up, and about 5 minutes looking at the mill, it hadnt been touched for 10 years, so we plugged it in and tested it, it ran sweet as anything, great, the handwheels did what they were supposed to, and apart from being filthy and rusty there wasnt a problem, so in no time at allit migrated into the boot of my car. last night it made it into the hall, and today its migrated further into the kitchen for some additional cleaning and disassembly. some of the bits that came with it are currently soaking in evaporust, though I have ordered some fresh evaporust, as I have the feeling the stuff I have got is a bit depleted.

DSCF0036.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

• Like 1

what?, I was only going to say all the oily bits are going in the dishwasher to be degreased.:default_gbxhmm:

Now I know all the  guys will understand where I am coming from, I was just worried it might upset the ladies, who think dishwashers are for knives and forks and dishes, or something.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

Hope you can help me.

I have got 4 hexkeys that do not fit any metric or Af bolts I have.

Did Whitworth make Hex/ Allen keys?

They are about 16,25,37 and 48mm.

paul

Do you want to post a picture so we can see exactly what you mean ?

Those sizes for a hex key seem a bit big  

6 hours ago, grendel said:

what?, I was only going to say all the oily bits are going in the dishwasher to be degreased.:default_gbxhmm:

Now I know all the  guys will understand where I am coming from, I was just worried it might upset the ladies, who think dishwashers are for knives and forks and dishes, or something.

Will the salt in the dishwasher not cause rusting to bare metal ?

• 4 weeks later...

so this morning was testing the latest lidl purchase for the workshop, purchased a few weeks back, but today I got it outside, fired up the air compressor, hooked to the mains and fired it up, yes lidls had plasma cutters on the shelves and one fell into my basket. not up to running it from the solar just yet, I am only getting an amp or so incoming with no direct sunlight, and my batteries leave some to be desired, both being second hand and slightly tired. still its charging them. and gives me the suitable alternate supply if required.

• Like 1