Soil Pipe To Holding Tank

Ray

It's the white corrugated type and I need to replace the section from the 3 way diverter valve to the tank itself.

I just really wanted to know if it has an 'official' name and is it a standard size so I can order the right thing please. 

(It's a hand pump system if that makes a difference)

19 minutes ago, Ray said:

It's the white corrugated type and I need to replace the section from the 3 way diverter valve to the tank itself.

I just really wanted to know if it has an 'official' name and is it a standard size so I can order the right thing please. 

(It's a hand pump system if that makes a difference)

I hope you have deep pockets it ain’t cheap.  

• Like 1

I got mine from here: https://www.leesan.com/shop/hosespipe-and-fittings/sanitation-hose

It's probably 38mm or an "inch an 'alf" in old money. Best to check though as it's cut to length and I wouldn't think they would be too keen to take it back. I paid £13/metre and I notice it's £17 now. 

I changed about 5 metres of it and while this forum contains a lot of very nice, knowledgable and usually helpful people, if you ask for volunteers to help change the pipe, they will all run to the hills. :default_eusa_naughty: :default_smiley-char054:

Covid is not the only reason forum members no longer shake my hand....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ray said:

Here was I thinking it's a cheap job.... any volunteers? 😁

I bottled it . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . second thoughts, that’s not the best term to use - I didn’t feel that I was sufficiently skilled to do it, so Paul (Swancraft) did it in ours.  Grovelling about in the bilges with long lengths of eff . . . . . . . . . luent filled pipes was not a job I that I fancied tackling!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ray said:

Brian Wards do indeed have it, they sell it in 1m lengths so I will have to measure before ordering but it's a very reasonable £10.51

Have a closer look at the different types; some are more expensive because of what they are made of. I think it comes down to how long you expect to keep the boat. Over many years the cost doesn't look so bad. I think I replaced 50 year old pipe.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

I bottled it . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . second thoughts, that’s not the best term to use - I didn’t feel that I was sufficiently skilled to do it, so Paul (Swancraft) did it in ours.  Grovelling about in the bilges with long lengths of eff . . . . . . . . . luent filled pipes was not a job I that I fancied tackling!!

Poor Paul, he did most of mine too as an emergency while we were having a short holiday down South. We went to the pub while he did it too 😂

As for bottling it... an emergency bucket is as far as I'll go, if I must 🙂

1 minute ago, Ray said:

Poor Paul, he did most of mine too as an emergency while we were having a short holiday down South. We went to the pub while he did it too 😂

As for bottling it... an emergency bucket is as far as I'll go, if I must 🙂

I didn't subject Paul to our smelly tank, I did it myself. However Paul did advise pipe size and the addition of Vetus filters. He knows our boat inside out, as he built her and has serviced the engine since new. Great to have someone we can call if we have a problem, he knows where every pipe and wire is on the boat!

• Like 2