Rambling Rosie's Rambles

NeilB

Shame I had to return to Stalham, the strong winds should make an entertaining 3 rivers race!

Purchased a set of Torx keys at Motorman in Stalham and continued to strip the heater.  Could find nothing wrong, pretty clean inside with virtually no soot.  The gaskets were pretty tired and one virtually crumbled so they did need replacing.  I also replaced the glow plug while it was apart.  Re- assembled and it fired up first time, previously it needed the engine running or shore power connected.  So whatever the issue was seems to have gone!

My logic is that now I have 2 fully functioning heaters the weather gods will cease the cold, wet and windy weather and bless us with some warm sunshine!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

My logic is that now I have 2 fully functioning heaters the weather gods will cease the cold, wet and windy weather and bless us with some warm sunshine!!

And I for one will say a big thankyou to you Neil

• Like 3

Have a few friends arriving tomorrow lunchtime for the weekend, we've also booked Silver Mirage so Rambling Rosie will have a mini me following her around!  Booked into the Lion at Thurne for the 1st night and planning a BBQ somewhere around Salhouse / Wroxham island on the Saturday as I don't think we'll get under the bridge.

The following weekend I'll probably be on dialysis as the Seawork commercial boat show is next week and most business seems to revolve around the mini parties / bars that spring up!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

I've hired Silver Mirage twice. Silverline added electronic bits over the years (sliding roof, mudweight, thrusters) and it's a brilliant value for money boat.

Apparently it had a full refit in 2018 so is pretty new inside, I had a look a few weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Apparently it had a full refit in 2018 so is pretty new inside, I had a look a few weeks ago.

Indeed I last hired it in 2022, Silverline's final season. The only issue I had with it was the common problem of the warm air heating hardly reaching the fore cabin but that's unlikely to be a problem this time of year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Indeed I last hired it in 2022, Silverline's final season. The only issue I had with it was the common problem of the warm air heating hardly reaching the fore cabin but that's unlikely to be a problem this time of year.

Had the same warm air issue in mine, 42ft with the heater virtually at the stern!  Managed to lagg about 2/3rds of the ducting and that made a huge difference.  Flow is still weak but it’s much, much warmer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Managed to lagg about 2/3rds of the ducting and that made a huge difference

I lagged mine after your write-up of it Neil, and it has most certainly made a big difference. Worth the effort. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeilB said:

I seem to recall that it was involved in an incident near the mouth of Tne Chet around that time, which may have triggered the refit.

• Sad 1

After everyone had arrived and food/beer stowed we managed to get under-weigh by 3pm.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6b80964046fe1e366dad57f6acc08c5.jpeg

Managed to secure the end mooring at Thurne mill and headed into the Lion for the usual good food, beer and whisky cask cider!

image.thumb.jpeg.b68e3e457c479d8f35c24fe0a1e588ec.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.01f58727fa8128e5524530004840a9fa.jpeg

Everyone was up and about by about 7am except 1 crew member who slept in!  Bacon sarnies all round and entertainment was provided by a lady having a shower on a passing boat with closing the curtains, no I don’t have any photos!!

image.thumb.jpeg.3fe3ded3f2c6e111e424fc84a5a04516.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.4cdde0ada1a5b087bee7dbef41224713.jpeg

Arrived at the New Inn around noon and had wander around Horning until a heavy downpour forced us, against our will into the pub - honest!  We just had sandwiches but they were well presented and service was good, as was the beer!

Had a cruise through Wroxham and then returned to Salhouse for a BBQ and, err, more beer and wine!

image.thumb.jpeg.00026a0701de51a8a30d014dd6763b9c.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.fcb7ebff0891b451e64d908d4b18f9af.jpeg

Sunday morning was scrambled egg with smoked salmon before heading back to Stalham.  2 of the crew had a 6 hour drive home so after a lunch of leftovers we dispersed until next time.

As the crews consisted of retired and current Volvo Penta sales team, the next time started for 2 of us today with the Seawork boat show!  Going to be a busy 3 days!

image.thumb.jpeg.d0dcc6aac0b21b1f1d04351159754262.jpeg

No steering wheel !

image.thumb.jpeg.80b54df3c7b09211ec1ba3a855d04fc4.jpeg

8 x gensets !

image.thumb.jpeg.057d05beb97134c644f828520def0f79.jpeg

image.thumb.png.9e0b10c74d09757c4f4dedc34aedfe8b.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, NeilB said:

...  Bacon sarnies all round and entertainment was provided by a lady having a shower on a passing boat with closing the curtains, no I don’t have any photos!!

@Gracie - have you been up to no good again :default_blush: :default_rofl:

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Bikertov said:

@Gracie - have you been up to no good again :default_blush: :default_rofl:

Now Mr Biker, sir. I may have taken an evening shower on a warm summers night and stood in the open doorway of the boat to cool off where upon a lone fishermen in a dinghy got the shock of his life but never and I mean never would I take a shower with the curtains open thank you very much :default_biggrin:

Grace x

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Now Mr Biker, sir. I may have taken an evening shower on a warm summers night and stood in the open doorway of the boat to cool off where upon a lone fishermen in a dinghy got the shock of his life but never and I mean never would I take a shower with the curtains open thank you very much :default_biggrin:

Grace x

But your friend Sarah, on the other hand ..... :default_icon_luvlove:

• Haha 3

Managed to sneak out of the show an hour early so I could drop a colleague off at Heathrow, made it home by 9pm and collapsed into bed!

Usual day at work on Friday followed by a quick shopping trip.  Nice evening cruise to Barton Broad which I had to myself, bliss!

Another fantastic sunset!

image.thumb.jpeg.749e090b1cd24c8b613a59cec861e9eb.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.3e88b2963fd53a591a31d2fe67d8461c.jpeg

Nice lazy morning so with the washing machine churning away in the background set off down the Ant.  Exchanged greetings with KPnut at How Hill and claimed a spot at Griffs corner.

The last week must have caught up with me so had a nice afternoon snooze and slept through the hail and rain.

Awoke in time to assist my new neighbour to motor up!

image.thumb.jpeg.52ced7950c6a35145ff5f7c82618b92d.jpeg

With a boat at the downstream end there’s enough room for one more boat.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, NeilB said:

With a boat at the downstream end there’s enough room for one more boat.

3 hours ago, grendel said:

room for another between me and the other boat, especially if I move closer to rambling Rosie.

I had intended to come up to join you but we were well settled at St Benets instead. If I’d read your posts at the time, I might have changed my mind. 
Hope you had a good catch up. 

• Like 1