Keleka's Kruises

Ray

I knew I should have changed her name to something more alliterative 🙂

Days afloat 6

Nights it was cold 5

Pubs 4

Crew Mutiny 3 ("discussions" when mooring)

Dog vomit etc. on bed 2

Third party lunatics 1

Things that went wrong with the boat 0 

We all had a lovely time, must do it again soon 🍺

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Beautiful photos. That one of a Hunters yacht could probably be a winner in their annual photo competition, and maybe even sneak into the calendar they produce each year, especially as you've managed  to capture a really good shot where the sailor has his fenders on deck.

• Thanks 1

Was that the Horning St Benedict’s Staithe in one of your photos? Lovely mooring, but the last couple of times we stopped there it was very slippery. Such an idyllic mooring though. We haven’t yet managed an overnight mooring there.

Bucket list…

• Like 1

Yes, in the first photo. We were lucky not only was the mooring dry but the path up to the church was dry and easy walking all the way. The bonus was having it all to ourselves Saturday night.

That is where I took the photo of the yacht by the way.

• Like 1

What wonderful photos and a lovely looking boat Ray, thank you for sharing. I hope you had a great time out on the rivers even if it involved cleaning up dog vomit.

You did clean it up, right? :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Your fenders could do with a clean.

I just can't get the quality of crew I need 😂 I have opened negotiations with The Admiral to buy a new set, the current ones are white and I've never found a way to really bring them back up to scratch.

6 minutes ago, BroadsExplorer said:

You did clean it up, right? :default_biggrin:

Luckily we cover everything with throws.. this one will be thrown away I think! And thank you for your kind words 🍺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray said:

I just can't get the quality of crew I need 😂 

I feel your pain!!  Anything external appears to be my department!  No regard for my advancing years when sending me out to swab the decks!!  😂

• Haha 1

44 years for me next month.... still haven't learnt 😂

This trip included -

"Bow? Do you mean the front?"

"If you meant the right side you should have said, I can't translate starboard when I'm trying to tie a rope"

"You said the dog lead was in front of the helm, that's behind it from where I'm standing"

Naturally, I wouldn't trade her for the world though 🙂🥂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ray said:

Naturally, I wouldn't trade her for the world though 

Nor me mine!  Maybe it’s just easier to keep it in plain English rather than boaty speak.  I’ve learnt that myself.  I’ve long given up with port, starboard, bow, stern etc.  Just too much effort! 😁

It took a while for the wife to find somewhere to put her handbag after we bought a car without a manual choke, which was always handy to hang it on!! 😂

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

It took a while for the wife to find somewhere to put her handbag after we bought a car without a manual choke, which was always handy to hang it on!! 😂

For me, a more powerful, louder, car stereo also fixed a lot of problems on the Mrs car too - she turned it up and then  magically couldn't hear the blown exhaust, top-end going, worn crank bearings, knackered turbo, various rattles etc ... :default_rofl:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bikertov said:

For me, a more powerful, louder, car stereo also fixed a lot of problems on the Mrs car too - she turned it up and then  magically couldn't hear the blown exhaust, top-end going, worn crank bearings, knackered turbo, various rattles etc ... :default_rofl:

Tell me about it!

I dont drive Mandy's car much, but when I do, I often have to ask her how long has that light been on and how long has that noise been there!

Her reply is usually, what light and what noise!    :default_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, tim said:

Tell me about it!

I dont drive Mandy's car much, but when I do, I often have to ask her how long has that light been on and how long has that noise been there!

Her reply is usually, what light and what noise!    :default_biggrin:

This is so relatable!

• Like 3