Amber Light 2 In May

Polly

I am booked for Amber Light 2 Starting on May 24th. It looks to be one of the Connoisseur Craft and a far cry from my usual flappy things.
This is a new thing for me and my three friends are on their second boating holiday; we all were on the Thames  in 2019.

I am a bit nervous but that’s fair enough it’s a big boat and I am skippering it. 

There are no plans to go South; we will be at The New Inn on Friday/Saturday morning to catch the 3RR start, and probably Womack or Thurne on the night of 24th. Otherwise it’s going to be a low key potter about.

I will put my NBF burgee on the boat so do give us a wave.

I gave the meet a miss this year but would love to see any friends aboard for a catch up and cuppa/drink. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Polly said:

I am booked for Amber Light 2 Starting on May 24th. It looks to be one of the Connoisseur Craft and a far cry from my usual flappy things.
This is a new thing for me and my three friends are on their second boating holiday; we all were on the Thames  in 2019.

I am a bit nervous but that’s fair enough it’s a big boat and I am skippering it. 

There are no plans to go South; we will be at The New Inn on Friday/Saturday morning to catch the 3RR start, and probably Womack or Thurne on the night of 24th. Otherwise it’s going to be a low key potter about.

I will put my NBF burgee on the boat so do give us a wave.

I gave the meet a miss this year but would love to see any friends aboard for a catch up and cuppa/drink. 

Hello Polly I hope the NBF burgee was a typo and you meant NBN.

Regards

Alan

Wow Polly, that is a big boat!  We'll be around on Skyway from 20th, but heading South initially.  Will certainly give you a wave from behind our NBN pennant/ burgee if we see you on the dark side later in the week.  Have fun!

Lovely news…glad to hear you’ll be back on the Broads soon Pauline. Wish our paths would cross, but we will be there next week…too early! Also disappointed that we’ll miss the meet up. Timings just didn’t work out for us this year, at least not for the meet up. 

What I was able to do was make sure my novice crew have good information. Richardson’s videos are excellent and having thought about the boating before taking to the water 10/10 Richardson’s 

• 2 weeks later...

Only one more day and I will be heading to Potter Heigham to collect Amber Light 2. 
Packing tomorrow and basic jobs around the house and then a start at about 10 on Tuesday for Norfolk. Lunch at the cafe and a shop at La Tharms next then loading and sorting etc. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t written a proper holiday tale but here are a few  highlights.

Mudweighting on Salhouse, South Walsham and Malthouse Broads.

Watching the 3Rivers Race in Horning 

Getting a look inside Spirit of Light

Eating out at Hotel Woxham, Kings Arms Ludham, The New Inn Horning. All good.

Ranworth Wildlife Centre and finding out from Timbo that Ranworth Dam is a dam. 😋

A bittern flying over at Horning Hall

A baby grebe riding on a parent’s back. 

Norfolk skies. 

Checking up on Brilliant and seeing she is fine.

Getting a couple of unsolicited compliments on stern mooring. (The others were a dog’s breakfast!) 

Meeting Boatyman and hearing all about the meet.

• Like 4