Open Wallet Surgery (maybe)

Mouldy

It's quite interesting looking at the BA's monthly expenditure:

https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/about-us/spending/monthly-spending

Just in 2 weeks december there's like 40k of professional services. 74k deposit for a vessel.

Does make you wonder what on earth are they doing and are they really spending money wisely.. I guess no one actually questions and audits their spending.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

It's quite interesting looking at the BA's monthly expenditure:

https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/about-us/spending/monthly-spending

Just in 2 weeks december there's like 40k of professional services. 74k deposit for a vessel.

Does make you wonder what on earth are they doing and are they really spending money wisely.. I guess no one actually questions and audits their spending.

We didn't make it south this month, but there was plenty of evidence that the BA appear to be fairly busy. Lots of going on up north. Building up the bank near Horning Hall from dredging's taken from Ranworth Dam and further up the Bure, replacing quay heading in South Walsham Fleet Dyke. Evidence too of a lot of trees and shrubs having been massacred on the opposite bank from How Hill (should make getting along that stretch a lot easier in the summer).

I was quite impressed.

18 hours ago, YnysMon said:

The last few times we’ve passed Reedham Ferry the quay heading seems to have been progressively deteriorating . It’s not too bad upstream of the ferry on the stretch nearest to the pub, but beyond that bit, even upstream, the quay looks a bit dodgy. Personally, I’d rather pay a fee at Reedham. That’s probably unlikely though. We’ve stopped off there a few times, but never for an overnight mooring. 

The quay in front of the Reedham Ferry Inn are not much different to those at Reedham & most of the Moorings up stream of the Ferry were closed several years ago & are slowly sinking into the marsh

1 minute ago, Bytheriver said:

The quay in front of the Reedham Ferry Inn are not much different to those at Reedham & most of the Moorings up stream of the Ferry were closed several years ago & are slowly sinking into the marsh

:default_dunce: Of course... I meant downstream not upstream! 

• Like 1