What Ranworth Will Look Like If They Introduce The £10 Mooring Fee.....

BroadsBuccaneer

am I correct in thinking that all of the BA paid moorings elsewhere are not limited to 24 hours? if this is the case there may well be a benefit of being able to stay longer (benefit to the person moored, but not to others wishing to use the mooring as spaces wont free up as readily.)

just thoughtful musings.

That £5 fee mentioned for daytime - has that been voted in by the nav committee?

if it has, what happens if you arrive at say1100, pay the £5 daytime fee then come 1600 decide to stay overnight sailing at 1000 the next morning 

Would you pay another £5 or be charged £10 making your visit of less than 24 x Hrs cost £15?

Griff

CambridgeCabby's post hit the nail firmly on the head for me

On top of the cost of being able to moor at such a lovely place the Maltsters will suffer and we could possibly lose another pub. 

With moorings being closed and the cost of being able to moor on what moorings we have left are the BA trying to finish off the Broads altogether.

• Like 4

What do the Broads Authorities achieve by these Charges noted in what  Grendel has already said by reducing the Spaces available for Boaters wishing to Fill up with Water by being Charged for whatever the nav Committee has passes? As Griff has already mentioned has it been officially passed in his post? In my view, it will be a sad day for business at Ranworth Staith such as the convenience Store/ Cafe & Restaurant / Malsters (Pub) and visiting the Church up the Hill. 

6 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

What do the Broads Authorities achieve by these Charges noted in what  Grendel has already said by reducing the Spaces available for Boaters wishing to Fill up with Water by being Charged for whatever the nav Committee has passes? As Griff has already mentioned has it been officially passed in his post? In my view, it will be a sad day for business at Ranworth Staith such as the convenience Store/ Cafe & Restaurant / Malsters (Pub) and visiting the Church up the Hill. 

£40,000 per year

Allegedly 

I think it will be as hard to get a space at Ranworth and Reedham as it ever was in the season. No one will like paying but these are premium spots with always more who wish to stop than can. On holiday especially some will reluctantly pay because a stay at these places is an integral part of their vacation.

BA know this full well and will create a new income stream with a very minimal outlay.. a few signs should do it. The boats that are able to get around it by use of timing will not be a problem to them as a large enough proportion of those mooring up will see paying as a necessary evil and pay because that's simply where they want to be and that's what you have to do.

It's a done deal, like 'authorities' all around the world their attitude will be simply "like it or lump it"

Personally I can live without Ranworth, could never see what all the fuss is about. I may decide that a meal once or twice a year is worth the money at Reedham but like all Broads destinations there's always a Plan B just as we advise first timers.

• Like 1