What Ranworth Will Look Like If They Introduce The £10 Mooring Fee.....

BroadsBuccaneer

Blimey, Ten quid to moor up at Ranworth staith from Broads Authority. I thought Blakes &  Hoseseason maintain Ranworth Staith together so when did that change? As to the River tolls going up to 13% bloody hell I believe? Has all this been passed? Boating on the Broads is now becoming a luxury I believe as to going abroad is not cheap either now we might as well sit in our own back garden during the Summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

One other note comes to mind if pay Ten Quid mooring you won't move your Boat till the next day so that would stop anyone else wanting to moor up that day Drop Mud weight if you have a Rowing Boat attached to your Boat all well and good to get into Ranworth Its self Store or Pub.

Do dinghy's not 'moor' then?

The £10 charge being discussed is as I understand it for overnight , visiting picnic boats etc will , I presume, vacate the moorings before the fee is applicable.

Unfortunately for businesses, ie The Maltsters , they will undoubtably lose out on a large amount of revenue as many private craft and some hire craft  will also leave the moorings when the fee is due to be collected preferring  to drop the mudweight in the broad .

The revenue during the season is the only reason the pub is viable , cut the pubs income and it will be lost , no pub will mean less boats wishing to moor at the staithe overnight ergo overnight charges will have to go up to maintain income , a vicious circle caused solely by the greed of the BA trying to milk the toll payers twice .

• Like 13

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

The £10 charge being discussed is as I understand it for overnight , visiting picnic boats etc will , I presume, vacate the moorings before the fee is applicable.

Unfortunately for businesses, ie The Maltsters , they will undoubtably lose out on a large amount of revenue as many private craft and some hire craft  will also leave the moorings when the fee is due to be collected preferring  to drop the mudweight in the broad .

The revenue during the season is the only reason the pub is viable , cut the pubs income and it will be lost , no pub will mean less boats wishing to moor at the staithe overnight ergo overnight charges will have to go up to maintain income , a vicious circle caused solely by the greed of the BA trying to milk the toll payers twice .

Correct 👍

Oddly enough there could be a way this could be done where it could be beneficial to most parties. 

I would support a scheme of "First 24 hours free subsequent 24hrs (or part thereof ) £10. or something along those lines. There would have to be a max period, say 5 days, but this could be a satisfactory option. 

• Like 3