The 2 W's Afloat April 23

And tonight's tasty treat is: new potatoes (left over from yesterdays dinner), fried in butter and oil, fresh pork and tomato sausage, bacon from our friend who farms pigs in south warwickshire and tinned spaghetti rings (courtesy of a supermarket lol). Nice and peaceful here tonight at Ludham Bridge (only 5 boats including us!). Watching snooker again and enjoying a couple of beers and Prosecco :default_biggrin:

Chris and Brenda

Dinner 26apr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Normally I despair of those that insist on putting up pictures of the food they are about to eat.  Especially on FB and the like

I think back to when when had rolls of normal film and 'Proper' cameras, taking them off to the developers or posting off to 'Truprint' then when you got them back, dashing round to friends and family saying - Look what we had for dinner :default_jumelles:     Really?

However in your last photo - I'll make and exception  - I could consume that lot right now, nice one  :default_beerchug: Needs a touch of HP brown though, along with bread n butter,  a mug of Broads tea (Has a small splash of whisky in it)

Griff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Normally I despair of those that insist on putting up pictures of the food they are about to eat.  Especially on FB and the like

I think back to when when had rolls of normal film and 'Proper' cameras, taking them off to the developers or posting off to 'Truprint' then when you got them back, dashing round to friends and family saying - Look what we had for dinner :default_jumelles:     Really?

However in your last photo - I'll make and exception  - I could consume that lot right now, nice one  :default_beerchug: Needs a touch of HP brown though, along with bread n butter,  a mug of Broads tea (Has a small splash of whisky in it)

Griff

Thanks Griff - the HP brown is just out of camera shot at the top of the pic :default_smile:, I tend to use quite a bit of it so didn't want to show my dinner covered in it! I agree with you about putting such pictures on FB and the like (I never do). My excuse for posting on here is to show people who may be first time hirers, just what can be achieved using the boats galley facilities (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :default_smiley-taunt014:)

Chris and Brenda

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gracie said:

You could have had roast duck with your veg and new potatoes the other day. Oh goodness me I am just kidding, you can't eat a little duck :facepalm:

I don’t want to eat a little duck either, Gracie . . . . . . . . . . . A bigger one’s better - more meat to enjoy!  😉😁:default_coat:

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Gracie said:

You could have had roast duck with your veg and new potatoes the other day. Oh goodness me I am just kidding, you can't eat a little duck :facepalm:

Now that's a thought :default_rofl:never plucked a duck on a boat before! Just waiting for the level to drop a tad more so that we can get under Ludham Bridge (we need 8') and the sun is shining for once!

Chris and Brenda

• Like 1

I did wonder if you fancied duck after yesterday's visitors!  Yes I agree a boat cooker can produce some pretty good meals!

As I have said  before the cooker on WR was capable of cooking a superb piece of rolled loin of pork for about 10 people with stuffing balls, apple sauce and stacks of gravy. Occasionally managed to do crackling as well if I could get some! Admittedly some of the veg were prepared on another boat!

• Like 3

Under the bridge at 1030 (2 hrs before low tide) gauge showing about 8' 2" . Currently moored up at Fleet dyke just before south walsham broad, having had a slow meander around it. Coffee time :default_biggrin: and the sun is still shining!!

Chris and Brenda

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Maybe it's time to resurrect the Cooking on a Boat thread?

No tasty treat tonight :default_sad:, table booked in the Bridge Inn at Acle for 7 p.m. moored up on the free BA moorings just before the bridge and on leccy :default_biggrin:

Chris and Brenda

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

No tasty treat tonight :default_sad:, table booked in the Bridge Inn at Acle for 7 p.m. moored up on the free BA moorings just before the bridge and on leccy :default_biggrin:

Chris and Brenda

Should be tasty in The Bridge we usually have a nice meal there.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 2

Just back from the pub, bridge safely negotiated both ways :default_smile:, we shared a chicken tenders with sweet chilli for a starter which was very nice, Brenda then had the scampi and cod combo and I foolishly had the sirloin 10z steak! I say foolishly cos when we paid the bill of a few pence short of 60 quid - the steak was nearly half the bill :default_ohmy: and we only had one drink each! Unfortunately, there was no specials board on show (which the steak was part of) and when the waitress mentioned it as part of the specials menu,  I didn't ask how much it was - well you don't do you??  I honestly have to say that the 8oz rump steak I had at The Lion in Thurne was much better and a lot cheaper! Still, beggars can't be choosers and the good news is that we made it back to the boat before the heavens opened up again!! Tomorrow night is our last night on board and we will as always be mooring up at Thurne Dyke and having another meal in the Lion :default_smile:

Chris and Brenda

• Like 3

That last night on board is special but the worst feeling in the morning when you have to give the boat back. Enjoy your last day and night but please do not harm any ducks if you get peckish on your travels. Peckish, get it :default_biggrin: I know, I know where's the groan emoji when you need one :default_biggrin: 

Have a great day x

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gracie said:

That last night on board is special but the worst feeling in the morning when you have to give the boat back. Enjoy your last day and night but please do not harm any ducks if you get peckish on your travels. Peckish, get it :default_biggrin: I know, I know where's the groan emoji when you need one :default_biggrin: 

Have a great day x

Thank you Gracie :default_smile: it's a bit murky this morning here at Acle Bridge! No real plans for today apart from ending up at Thurne Dyke about 1 ish and then start getting all our stuff sorted out ready for the handover on the Saturday morning. We might have a poodle around South Walsham again this morning or even Ranworth again.  Not too bothered about handing the boat back this time as we're back in 16 weeks on Royale Light 2 with our friends from Devon :default_biggrin:. Time for brekkie!

Chris and Brenda

• Love 1

Well, well!! We got to Thurne Dyke at 1.30 and it was almost empty! Spun the boat round in the dyke and moored up on the left bank facing towards the river (easy get out in the morning lol). Booked in at the pub for 7 for our last meal of the holiday and had a quick pint.  As I type this, the dyke is almost full and mainly HW boats that I think have only just been taken over!  Ouch! Just been bumped by one of them coming up the dyke just a tad too fast!! Grrrrr! And the guy at the helm was laughing as he went past!! :default_icon_evil: Got the boats name and will mention it to HW tomorrow when we get back.  Oh well, onwards and upwards! 

Chris and Brenda

• Like 3

Bump the boat is obviously just a game to some idiots. As you say…grr. I was thinking of making a bee line for Thurne Dyke next Saturday morning (in search of good TV signal). Maybe Acle or St Benet's would be a better bet. Mind you, we have had an early morning ‘nudge’ from a departing privateer at Acle before now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Bump the boat is obviously just a game to some idiots. As you say…grr. I was thinking of making a bee line for Thurne Dyke next Saturday morning (in search of good TV signal). Maybe Acle or St Benet's would be a better bet. Mind you, we have had an early morning ‘nudge’ from a departing privateer at Acle before now.

Good TV signal here, just back from the pub and watching the snooker :default_smile:

Chris and Brenda

• Like 1

We're back home (yesterday) and sorting out all the post holiday tasks from washing to picking pooch up from the kennels and general household and garden tasks! Once we're back into our "normal" routine, I'll finish off the blog for this holiday with a few more pics and write-ups. Only 19 weeks until we're back on the Broads on HW's Royale Light 2 :default_biggrin:

Chris

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 28/04/2023 at 19:37, YnysMon said:

Bump the boat is obviously just a game to some idiots. As you say…grr. I was thinking of making a bee line for Thurne Dyke next Saturday morning (in search of good TV signal). . . . . . 

Stay at the end of the dyke, near the mill.  It’s wider there and still close enough to the pub for a post coronation beverage.  Ideal! :default_winko:

• Like 1