Long Term Parking At Beccles

grendel

I was wondering whether any locals could advise, as I will probably be needing to park the car at Beccles for a week or more at a time, whether any of the local car parks dont have time limits, so far I have found that you can book up to 31 days at morrisons car park through the  Ringgo app for 31 days at £40, but a lot of the other car parks either dont have details or have shorter times?

i realise there are other apps available, but its not so easy when you dont have a smart phone and have to rely on using a tablet on a wifi hotspot to use the app.

so int the spirit of being prepared, i am trying to find out if there is long term parking elsewhere in Beccles.

When I tackled Morrisons Customer Services at Christmas about all these people parking in the car park long term I was more or less told they can do as they like and they are keeping an eye on the situation.      The cashier seemed to think they were just using it as a car park for free.        I have also noticed that people park in the parent and child parking area with no children whatsoever and also park in the disabled with no badge showing, so really it is like the wild west here.

When I am next in the store which will be Monday and I will ask.

9 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I have also noticed that people park in the parent and child parking area with no children whatsoever and also park in the disabled with no badge showing, so really it is like the wild west here.

same everywhere , i sit in the car while the boss shops and see it regularly, the boss has a blue badge

If you put a week into parkopedia it only flags the train station. It maybe worth asking who ever runs the YS there (They may have a set up with the Quay parking but not sure I'd leave a car their for too long out of season. Beccles facebook group shows its not all rosy).  You may be best just leaving it on one of the side streets as much as that's a pain for the locals. 

4 hours ago, Bern said:

When we moored in Beccles Quay we used to leave our car in Beccles Quay car park and walk across the field 

to our mooring. The parking was free there then, not sure about now though

Last year it cost us just under £15 for 4 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Just thought I would update this topic, just arrived at Beccles, and parked in the Quay car park (fen lane) signs say pay at machine or by app, £3.50 a day, if you go to the pay4bay website to pay, you can book long term boaters parking, 5 days cost me £17.50. The car park  number is 0007. Its also detailed on the Beccles council page about the Quay, you just need to put your reg number and card details in.

• Like 3