Stracy Arms

Ray

15 minutes ago, Lulu said:

We haven’t moored there for a year or so. We like being at the start of the mooring  (approaching from Stokesby) and there were missing and wobbly posts . In fact we saw one boat tie up and a post snapped off, so rather put us off and haven’t been back since . We may go and have a look when we have our week away soon and see if the posts have been replaced.  

We''ll be there Saturday evening all things being equal so if no one else provides any current info regarding the mooring situation, I will post a "review" on here. :default_smile:

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Troyboy said:

and I'm just throwing this out with not a lot of thought,

I am just throwing this out as well, with no inside knowledge but I wonder whether a future planning situation might be lurking in the background?

How much of the land access will be lost when they eventually manage to re-house the Little Whirlpool Ramshorn Snails which have, for years, held up the widening of the Acle Straight and the re-siting of the adjacent drainage dykes?  Surely this cannot be put off forever, even by the tree huggers.

And what happens when some government finally gets around to dualling the road, as has been constantly demanded?

We've been waiting for the A64 to be a dual carriageway between Scarborough and York for the last 40 years. I can't see the Acle straight being dualed in my lifetime. As locals to an area it matters, so we think our hopes are high on someone's agenda. They usually aren't. 

44 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

We've been waiting for the A64 to be a dual carriageway between Scarborough and York for the last 40 years. I can't see the Acle straight being dualed in my lifetime. As locals to an area it matters, so we think our hopes are high on someone's agenda. They usually aren't. 

Norfolk Line has gone. Many years ago. The large and important industries of Grt Yarmouth have gone. The gas and oil industries are no longer dependent upon the A47. What is left of them. The Yarmouth straight is but a country road and will remain so for ever more.

E

We've spent many days there on our holidays, it's one of the boys favourite moorings. I love walking along that stretch looking at the boats (being nosy) :default_biggrin:

I so hope it isn't turned into flats or housing. I know everything changes in time but not always for the better x

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

We've spent many days there on our holidays, it's one of the boys favourite moorings. I love walking along that stretch looking at the boats (being nosy) :default_biggrin:

I so hope it isn't turned into flats or housing. I know everything changes in time but not always for the better x

Please do not worry, no flats or housing will be built on this marshland. Plenty of countryside and prime farmland still available for the "build and bye, bye", brigade.

• Like 4

I was there a couple of days ago and took a couple of quick snaps today as I passed seeing as there were questuons regarding the signs and posts

20230828_161007.thumb.jpg.68b7ffb03e9abd184954e5126837bece.jpg

There are posts along the moorings (integrity not verified) but at the Stokesby end of the moorings they are missing 

20230828_161109.thumb.jpg.d0b95f12641caf5cb6b1734c67e18d4b.jpg

• Thanks 4

It is a lovely moorings. Ideal for a stopover before or after crossing Breydon water. I've often thought that there is a lot going on with the animals, shop, cafe, windpump etc. However all of these things add to the charm of the moorings and it would be ashame to see them go.

• Like 1